Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shane Mosley Reveals He Bet $1M On Himself To Beat Canelo In 2012 Loss When Purse Was $600K

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Shane Mosley Reveals He Bet $1M On Himself To Beat Canelo In 2012 Loss When Purse Was $600K

"Sugar" Shane Mosley's unanimous decision loss to Canelo Alvarez not only impacted his professional record but his wallet as well, the Hall of Fame fighter has revealed.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Its sad watching Shane talk like hes hes punch drunk. Truly 1 of the most humble fighters of all time
    Bornboxingfan Bornboxingfan likes this.

Comment

Dumbass. That's what he gets for being a BALCO PED abuser.

Comment

Dear Breadman, take notes…

“The fighter of the decade [from 2010 to 2019] for me was Canelo Alvarez,” said Mosley. “He moved up in weight from 154 to 160, 168, 175, and he dominated. He fights all of the best fighters out there.

“Canelo is a man now. When I fought him he was 22 years old. He was really good and I was impressed by him when I was in the ring with him. I really was trying to use my experience and walk him down because he didn’t know as much as I did. He has a great corner and a great team. The coaching is spectacular. They make him throw punches the right way. He has great reaction, punching power, speed. The guy is a total package. He’s pound-for-pound the best right now. He knows old school and new school. I was surprised by the knowledge that he had. He beat me, and it’s obvious that he’s a great.”

Cecin Cecin likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Maldito_Rey View Post
          Dumbass. That's what he gets for being a BALCO PED abuser.
          Breadman don’t care. He’s fine that Caleb Plant is with team BALCO

Comment

Ppl on forums like to have fun talking crap a lot. They say Shane is a simp, his wife took him to the cleaners, he took roids, etc. But to me when I think about Shane, the bottom line is that when he was in his prime, he was exceptional and could not only beat almost everyone his size, but knock them out, too. I saw Shane live against Vernon the 1st time and also against Antonio Diaz at the garden.
            Damn Wicked Damn Wicked likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by archiemoore1 View Post
              Ppl on forums like to have fun talking crap a lot. They say Shane is a simp, his wife took him to the cleaners, he took roids, etc. But to me when I think about Shane, the bottom line is that when he was in his prime, he was exceptional and could not only beat almost everyone his size, but knock them out, too. I saw Shane live against Vernon the 1st time and also against Antonio Diaz at the garden.
              AND? People can say WTF they want...what can you really do about it? Fans have spent their time and hard earned money to watch these guys fights, be it live or on television. It's clear that Shane whored away the last few years of his career, starting with him selling his portion of GBP to face Pacquiao in 2011.

Honestly, Shane's never been the most astute businessman...that goes for outside en****** (management, promoters), hiring his wife as his manager just to lose it all, investing in thots, roids (pretty much ruined his legacy), and now we hear about him betting on himself and losing.

Hell, look at the move he made after beating Oscar the second time. He took the Wright fight for less money, lost both belts and made $2M. He could've fought Oscar for a 3rd time for what....$12M? He had a Trinidad fight at his feet for $10M but he chose Wright.

So, yeah....Mosley's history with business dealings has been shaky since Jesus was a baby, so what's YOUR point?

Comment

10 losses on his record….clearly another cut from the same cloth as Holyfield who spent too much money and hung around long after prime years were over. Those last few years Mosley was simply showing up for pay cheques. He didn’t even look like he was trying to win those latter fights
                Boxing-1013 Boxing-1013 likes this.

Comment

Shane has always been a beta male.

Comment

He probably saw the Jose Cotto fight where Canelo got hurt, and started licking his chops because he has more power than Jose Cotto. I imagine he felt he could’ve had another Margarito-like upset.

Clearly, it backfired. Plus he was already past his prime, no longer top 10 in any division and he should’ve known that.

Comment

Working...
                    X