Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Herring: I Know How Talented Shakur Is, I Don't Feed Off What People Say

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Herring: I Know How Talented Shakur Is, I Don't Feed Off What People Say

By Jake Donovan - Jamel Herring didn't need to read the fight reports on Shakur Stevenson's latest performance to form his opinion on the unbeaten former featherweight titlist. Much has been made of Stevenson's uninspiring--though ultimately effective-- effort in his twelve-round, unanimous decision win over Namibia's Jeremia Nakathila.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Well spoken champ. I love people who shows some respect towards others, especially boxers towards their opponents. This shows that there is other way to promote a fight than talking trash. I'll certainly buy this bout.
    AmpMcv AmpMcv likes this.

Comment

Herring is a class-act

Comment

Herring has an account here, haven't seen him post for a while though. Always seems a good guy and example to the younger generation.

It'll be interesting to see how he approaches this fight. Not sure anybody at 130 can engage SS in a pure boxing contest. But be too aggressive and you'll end up swinging wildly at air. If Herring can get inside and work, he could win rounds that way. I know sparring isn't a real fight but still expect they've both learned things about the other that will affect the gameplan they have.

Comment

This one is exciting! I want Herring to retain his belts but I think Stevenson takes it. Too young and too mean.
          Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

I'm not counting Herring out on this fight. It's hard to beat Shakur on the cards but styles make fights and I'm leaning toward Herring for the win here.

Comment

Herring and Stevenson are friends. That said, I don’t expect this to be an exciting fight. The only thing that interests me of this match up is who will get a crack on Valdez
              MeanestNiceGuy MeanestNiceGuy likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                Herring has an account here, haven't seen him post for a while though. Always seems a good guy and example to the younger generation.

It'll be interesting to see how he approaches this fight. Not sure anybody at 130 can engage SS in a pure boxing contest. But be too aggressive and you'll end up swinging wildly at air. If Herring can get inside and work, he could win rounds that way. I know sparring isn't a real fight but still expect they've both learned things about the other that will affect the gameplan they have.
                I’m still around just been focusing on this fight ahead but I tune in from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by Cashtro View Post

I’m still around just been focusing on this fight ahead but I tune in from time to time.
                  respect, man. good luck in your upcoming fight. i wish you all the best.

Comment

I think Stevenson is worried about this fight - that’s why he’s been expending so much energy trying to dismiss Herring in such an abrasive manner. Remember how Macho Camacho was never quite the same after he got hit by Edwin Rosario - even though he won? Shakur gives me that same vibe after getting clipped in his last fight. He does not like getting hit lol! I pick Herring to win and begin a fall of upsets that will include Wilder over Fury and Plant over Canelo.
                    7not8 7not8 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X