Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum On Holyfield's Fight: How Do You Approve A Guy That Age? That Is Absolutely Crazy!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum On Holyfield's Fight: How Do You Approve A Guy That Age? That Is Absolutely Crazy!

Now that a licensing crisis involving one of his fighters is behind him in Arizona, Bob Arum cannot help but wonder why another commission will allow a long-retired, 58-year-old former heavyweight champion to fight Saturday night.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Oliver McCall was still fighting at age 53 or so ,no one said anything .
    Zaroku Zaroku likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
      Well the referee said "I will stop the fight, if you don't stop the uncontrollable crying"

I don't recall his exact age or the cause of his mental health issues!

Comment

Originally posted by Bornboxingfan View Post

Well the referee said "I will stop the fight, if you don't stop the uncontrollable crying"

I don't recall his exact age or the cause of his mental health issues!
        That happened in the 90”s .
        Bornboxingfan Bornboxingfan likes this.

Comment

Tell Bob the same way we approve of your still greedy asssssss!

Comment

Was that ok then its a yank circus with these tubers and old men fighting haye has joined the circus shame on him

Comment

Oliver Mcall didn’t do 3 wars with bowe, mcwawi,Tyson etc etc etc. Not even remotely a good comparison.

Comment

I don't like this fight at all. Holyfield looks great in the outside, but internally it's a totally
                different story due to his age and wear and tear. Getting punched by another powerful
                fighter can turn devastating quickly and unexpectedly. Hopefully his family won't have
                to live this and our sport wouldn't suffer a huge black eye.

It's a great paycheck but at what expense?

Comment

Originally posted by Susie View Post

Was that ok then its a yank circus with these tubers and old men fighting haye has joined the circus shame on him
                  Probably not because McCall hadn’t had a break from boxing until 2014 then 4 yrs later returned for one more and won . Holyfield has had a break of 10 years and is probably more fit than anyone in the forum ,not probably he is .
                  Last edited by REDEEMER; 09-11-2021, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                    Now that a licensing crisis involving one of his fighters is behind him in Arizona, Bob Arum cannot help but wonder why another commission will allow a long-retired, 58-year-old former heavyweight champion to fight Saturday night.
                    [Click Here To Read More]
                    ———
                    If Arum was promoting it, he wouldn’t say a single negative thing.
                    Arum and his cousins busy stealing other people’s
                    lands and homes in the promised land and here he plays a saint.
                    southpaw_07 southpaw_07 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X