Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shakur Stevenson: Valdez Definitely Shouldn't Be Fighting; Boxing Took Big Step Back Allowing It

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Shakur Stevenson: Valdez Definitely Shouldn't Be Fighting; Boxing Took Big Step Back Allowing It

By Keith Idec - Shakur Stevenson still wants to fight Oscar Valdez at some point early in 2022. The faster the favored Valdez defeats Robson Conceicao, the quicker, according to Stevenson, their 130-pound title unification fight can be arranged after he wins the WBO junior lightweight title from Jamel Herring on October 23. Stevenson-Valdez seemingly should be an easy fight to make if they win their respective bouts because they're on similar schedules and both are promoted by Bob Arum's Top Rank Inc.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Everybody knows I've crticized Shakur, but in this case he is absa100%lutely correct. Until we know what happened, we have to assume the worst. The fact that Vadez peed clean later is damning in itself. That's the reason he took the diuretic, so he could pass the test later. Conceicao will be in the ring with a drug feind, putting his health at risk and Valdez has provided no evidence otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
      Everybody knows I've crticized Shakur, but in this case he is absa100%lutely correct. Until we know what happened, we have to assume the worst. The fact that Vadez peed clean later is damning in itself. That's the reason he took the diuretic, so he could pass the test later. Conceicao will be in the ring with a drug feind, putting his health at risk and Valdez has provided no evidence otherwise.
      Yeah, same here, not normally a fan of the crap Stevenson usually spouts but he is speaking a whole lot of sense here.

Credit to him for speaking out as a high profile fighter.

A lot of others' silence is conspicuous.

Comment

I disagree with the entire concept surrounding all of this. First off, we have to take everything at face value until there's a reason not to. Anybody can "speculate" on their opinions. But regarding Valdez vs Berchelt, Valdez PASSED all tests from start to finish. To my knowledge, he's passed every single test of his life until this one. So Shakur is just hatin, and piling on when he's talking about "maybe Valdez cheated against Berchelt". Blah blah blah. Maybe I robbed a bank last week, who knows, right? Come on.

Next up, the talk of this "drug"..... I get sick of people steering conversations like this down a certain direction. This drug is considered a "Performance Enhancing Drug" because it is on a banned list of an organization. It's not HGH. It's not some muscle building, deadly hormone that turns a man into giant gorilla strength. It's a diuretic they said. What do 99% of fighters in today's boxing do? Lose weight at a rapid pace, to gain a advantage over a smaller fighter, right? Well do we think EVERY fighter does that by only eating salads? Hell no. They ALL use supplements and vitamins and whatever else works. Society tells us "this one's ok but this one isn't". It's all crap. I'm sure there may be a rare case of a fighter(s) that does things naturally. But this is 2021 people. Wake up and smell the beans. Great example, Berchelt himself! Look at him before, during, and after the weigh in to the Valdez fight. Dude was SICK trying to make weight. With millions on the line, and every last ounce being critical, you really think he lost those last few pounds "naturally"? I highly highly doubt it. The camp was in desperation mode. Scramble mode. These fighters do ANYTHING in times like that.

Point is, they all use "stuff" to lose weight. Quit making this out to be a bigger deal than it is. (For the record, I'm a black man. And I'm not hating on Shakur and his comments. I'm hating on the vision of society. I AM a Valdez fan tho. And I'm not supporting "him" specifically on this. I'm supporting the theory that people are naive to what OTHER fighters do as well, and are only hating on Valdez at the moment)
        Last edited by Topdogggbm; 09-09-2021, 03:22 AM.

Comment

says the guy who was unloading haymakers to the back of some poor girls head & was allowed to fight shortly afterwards. Oscar just had a tainted cup of tea!
          Thebrasileno Thebrasileno likes this.

Comment

Reynoso trained fighters are dirty as **** simple and plain. its all about the money and perfect excuses

Comment

Unfortunately boxing showed that it isn’t on the level of the other sports. It’s administered by openly bent shady figures….still….in 2021
              Last edited by Oldskoolg; 09-09-2021, 02:08 PM.

Comment

What i don't get is why the WBC cleared him, when their testing agency (VADA) says he failed an out of competition drug test, but they took away Dillian Whyte's mandatory position when their testing agency (VADA) says he passed all the required drug tests.
                Thebrasileno Thebrasileno likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  What i don't get is why the WBC cleared him, when their testing agency (VADA) says he failed an out of competition drug test, but they took away Dillian Whyte's mandatory position when their testing agency (VADA) says he passed all the required drug tests.
                  Ray* On this it’s Occams Razor-the simplest explanation is usually the best one.

Whyte is British. Valdez is Mexican. The leaders of the WBC are Mexican. Valdez’ promoter has a long history promoting Mexicans and working with the WBC. Whyte’s doesn’t.

Comment

Originally posted by Topdogggbm View Post
                    I disagree with the entire concept surrounding all of this. First off, we have to take everything at face value until there's a reason not to. Anybody can "speculate" on their opinions. But regarding Valdez vs Berchelt, Valdez PASSED all tests from start to finish. To my knowledge, he's passed every single test of his life until this one. So Shakur is just hatin, and piling on when he's talking about "maybe Valdez cheated against Berchelt". Blah blah blah. Maybe I robbed a bank last week, who knows, right? Come on.

Next up, the talk of this "drug"..... I get sick of people steering conversations like this down a certain direction. This drug is considered a "Performance Enhancing Drug" because it is on a banned list of an organization. It's not HGH. It's not some muscle building, deadly hormone that turns a man into giant gorilla strength. It's a diuretic they said. What do 99% of fighters in today's boxing do? Lose weight at a rapid pace, to gain a advantage over a smaller fighter, right? Well do we think EVERY fighter does that by only eating salads? Hell no. They ALL use supplements and vitamins and whatever else works. Society tells us "this one's ok but this one isn't". It's all crap. I'm sure there may be a rare case of a fighter(s) that does things naturally. But this is 2021 people. Wake up and smell the beans. Great example, Berchelt himself! Look at him before, during, and after the weigh in to the Valdez fight. Dude was SICK trying to make weight. With millions on the line, and every last ounce being critical, you really think he lost those last few pounds "naturally"? I highly highly doubt it. The camp was in desperation mode. Scramble mode. These fighters do ANYTHING in times like that.

Point is, they all use "stuff" to lose weight. Quit making this out to be a bigger deal than it is. (For the record, I'm a black man. And I'm not hating on Shakur and his comments. I'm hating on the vision of society. I AM a Valdez fan tho. And I'm not supporting "him" specifically on this. I'm supporting the theory that people are naive to what OTHER fighters do as well, and are only hating on Valdez at the moment)
                    So what's your point: everybody does it & that makes it right?
                    Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X