Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Yoka: If You Asked Me Five Years Ago Where I'd Be Now, It Would Have Been Further Along Than This

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Yoka: If You Asked Me Five Years Ago Where I'd Be Now, It Would Have Been Further Along Than This

Tony Yoka will be the first to admit there is far more that needs to be done just to get where he expected to be at this time. The 2016 Olympic super heavyweight Gold medalist from France is undefeated in the ring thus far as a pro, though his career has anything but perfect. The 29-year-old from Paris, France enters just his eleventh pro fight, his activity stalled due to the unfortunate combination of a one-year suspension for missing random drug tests and the global pandemic to follow.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Yoka is managers by James Prince is he? That fella has been working behind the scenes in the sport since the 90s if I recall

Comment

How bad does yoka want to be in contention. Christian hammer end of the year then in 2022 go ahead get joyce yall bout even at moment though yoka clearly head over shouldvers more potentional the better product . a win vs joyce put right in contention. Srep up agin later 2022 get a hugie fury joseph parker r such wins over joyce then say parker fury sets u up for title shots mandos 2023 then from there build that rivalry vs hrgovic in a champ vs champ fight 2024-2025 ish

Comment

In this sport, being the way it is, especially in the heavyweight division, I’m extremely skeptical when I hear innocent explanations for missing random drug tests. Maybe I’m jaded from having followed things for a while, but it’s mostly just my grasp on human nature and high level athletics in general.

Comment

I am glad he recognizes that his progression has been slow, even though it isn't fair to compare people i just cannot accept he hasn't really made an impact since turning pro. Even Joe Joyce is ahead of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ry92 View Post
            How bad does yoka want to be in contention. Christian hammer end of the year....
            If I'm not mistaken he already fought Hammer in 2020. Hammer took him the distance and frustrated him a bit with rough tactics but it was a wide points win. Yoka has some good wins even tho his career was stunted from his suspension: David Allen, Jonathon Rice, Michael Wallisch, Alexander Dimitrenko, Johann Duhaupas, Christian Hammer and even Joel Tambwe Djeko isn't bad...

The Milas fight will be interesting, the Croatian seems decent. Yoka is talented and athletic but I question his resolve and durability if someone puts him in a difficult place.
            Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Working...
            X