Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Katie Taylor: "I Want To Be Involved In History-Making Fights"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Katie Taylor: "I Want To Be Involved In History-Making Fights"

By Corey Erdman - Katie Taylor's home sits atop a hill in Vernon, Connecticut, a metaphor for where she generally ranks amongst women's fighters, pound-for-pound. There isn't much to distract Taylor from boxing in Vernon. It's a town of less than 30,000 people, close to the same number as her hometown of Bray, Ireland.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Boxing is the worst sport for females: Females have less fast twitch muscle fibers (type 2) genetically and boxing is all twitch fibers which is why girls fights look so re-tarded. Females have narrow shoulders and underdeveloped upper body muscularity so less power. Boxing uses big pillow gloves so even less power. Everything in boxing is bad for females they should take up sports that utilize lower body strength like MMA(small gloves), kickboxing, muy thai(elbows/knees).

Comment

Fighting a man will do just that, Kate.

Comment

Your want to be great leave match room and young Edward like Marshall did and you will have the big fights

Comment

Originally posted by TinAgeOfBoxing View Post
          Boxing is the worst sport for females: Females have less fast twitch muscle fibers (type 2) genetically and boxing is all twitch fibers which is why girls fights look so re-tarded. Females have narrow shoulders and underdeveloped upper body muscularity so less power. Boxing uses big pillow gloves so even less power. Everything in boxing is bad for females they should take up sports that utilize lower body strength like MMA(small gloves), kickboxing, muy thai(elbows/knees).
          A woman's anatomy has nothing to do with the lack of knockouts. Two-minute rounds and 10-round world championship fights have everything to do with women having less knockouts when in the ring with other women. You can't tell me Katie Taylor wouldn't stop Han in the late rounds if she had the same time to work with as her male counterparts. Serrano has 30 knockouts. She'd have more with three-minute rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Katie Taylor
            “I can't get away from the hills unfortunately. Still plenty of hills,” Taylor joked. “It's probably the least enjoyable part of training for me, the running sessions. I actually can't sleep the night before, that's how much I hate it. But it has to be done unfortunately.”
            But when reporters bring up Amanda 'The Real Deal' Serrano, you are ready to run for them hills.

Originally posted by TinAgeOfBoxing View Post

Amanda Serrano is the exception, take a look at this marvelous physique, look at these shoulders, Amanda's upper-body is more chisel than the average man, I'm sure Amanda KO's most of the male members of the boxingscene too -- in a boxing or MMA fight.

Comment

Need to just make Katie Taylor vs Amanda Serrano ASAP!!!!

Comment

taylor serrano new york st pats day, that sounds like a runner, make it happen, big fight big names, whats not to like about it, might even generate a rematch or two and lots of cash, serrano will go for that as she wont have to travel, suits both of them i would say
                PBR Streetgang PBR Streetgang likes this.

Comment

If Serrano and Taylor fought, would it be at lightweight? Serrano has been campaigning at Super Feather if I recall correctly...I think she was a lightweight champion years ago however....

Comment

Pitty Serrano and her sleaze bag of a manager don't want it. They're waiting for Taylor to age.

Comment

Working...
                    X