Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bradley on Canelo-Benavidez: We Have To See This Fight, It's Explosive

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bradley on Canelo-Benavidez: We Have To See This Fight, It's Explosive

Former two division champion Timothy Bradley is salivating at the possibility of a future between Mexican super middleweights Saul 'Canelo Alvarez and David Benavidez.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Benavidez is the only guy at SMW that is truly capable of beating Canelo. Only reason Canelo has that WBC belt is bc of Benavidez shooting himself in the foot and blowing weight. He wanted nothing to do with that belt when Benavidez had it, but was quick to jump on it with Smith after Benavidez got stripped. They know he is the biggest threat at SMW. If Benavidez could stop KOing himself, he woulda been the superstar that his talent and gifts show him to be. We'll see what things look like when Benavidez becomes mandatory for that WBC belt again.

Comment

Canelo will kill him. Ben. Fights to slow a pace and stands right in front. He just feeds Canelo’s attributes.

Comment

I see benevidez style suiting canelo more than boxers like plant, Saunders etc.
        chepboxingking chepboxingking likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Griever0730 View Post
          Benavidez is the only guy at SMW that is truly capable of beating Canelo. Only reason Canelo has that WBC belt is bc of Benavidez shooting himself in the foot and blowing weight. He wanted nothing to do with that belt when Benavidez had it, but was quick to jump on it with Smith after Benavidez got stripped. They know he is the biggest threat at SMW. If Benavidez could stop KOing himself, he woulda been the superstar that his talent and gifts show him to be. We'll see what things look like when Benavidez becomes mandatory for that WBC belt again.
          Agree with everything you said, except this. The stars just aligned at the right time. The Smith fight was booked and Benavidez got stripped. Since Canelo was champ at 160, he lobbied WBC to allow the Smith fight to also be for the vacant WBC belt, and that wish was granted. I'm sure if Benavidez still had the belt, Canelo would've fought him. Hopefully the fight could still be made because I also believe Benavidez would present the biggest threat at 168

Comment

It certainly would be explosive, but I don't think it would be as difficult a style to figure out as Plant.

I'm not saying Plant will win against Canelo, but if he gets in a good rhythm for a few rounds, it could be tough for Canelo, who does have a few lulls in some of his fights.
            Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post

Agree with everything you said, except this. The stars just aligned at the right time. The Smith fight was booked and Benavidez got stripped. Since Canelo was champ at 160, he lobbied WBC to allow the Smith fight to also be for the vacant WBC belt, and that wish was granted. I'm sure if Benavidez still had the belt, Canelo would've fought him. Hopefully the fight could still be made because I also believe Benavidez would present the biggest threat at 168
              I agree. The stars did align perfectly for Canelo and he took advantage of it like anybody would and should. I say the part you put in bold bc at the time all the other guys had their belts, Canelo always mentioned Smith, Saunders & Plant, but never really spoke clear on Benavidez at the time from what I recall. Don't get me wrong, I feel Canelo would have fought him last anyway if he wanted to be undisputed being that he is, IMO, the biggest threat out of all of them. Benavidez is the most complete fighter out of all those guys. Canelo would not get out of a fight with Benavidez unscathed that's for sure. Just waiting on him to run over Plant already so we can see what he will do after.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
                I see benevidez style suiting canelo more than boxers like plant, Saunders etc.
                Very astute assessment and I can see that angle. However I was really impressed that a sub par abs shot Kovalev was able to outbox Canelo using his height and range. Something tells me Benevidez will be able to use his height and size to his benefit

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

Very astute assessment and I can see that angle. However I was really impressed that a sub par abs shot Kovalev was able to outbox Canelo using his height and range. Something tells me Benevidez will be able to use his height and size to his benefit
                  Yes, benevidez is tall and long but he has a different style than kovalev. I don't see him "outboxing" canelo and I'm not convinced his physical advantages will be enough to get him the win.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Griever0730 View Post

I agree. The stars did align perfectly for Canelo and he took advantage of it like anybody would and should. I say the part you put in bold bc at the time all the other guys had their belts, Canelo always mentioned Smith, Saunders & Plant, but never really spoke clear on Benavidez at the time from what I recall. Don't get me wrong, I feel Canelo would have fought him last anyway if he wanted to be undisputed being that he is, IMO, the biggest threat out of all of them. Benavidez is the most complete fighter out of all those guys. Canelo would not get out of a fight with Benavidez unscathed that's for sure. Just waiting on him to run over Plant already so we can see what he will do after.
                    Nah, your previous comment was accurate. Canelo never mentioned unifying the belts until Benavidez was out of the picture and only then did he lobby for the wbc belt. The only star that aligned for him was Benavidez taking coke. The wbc did the rest because I’ve never seen an organization just add their vacant title to a fight that was already happening, and do so just one week before the fight. It was strategic on their end because that title had been vacant for 4 months and then they suddenly threw it into the canelo fight 1 week before the fight. It was the wbc catering to their favorite son more so than stars aligning.

Comment

Working...
                    X