Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Felix Trinidad To Oscar De La Hoya: I Am Not Coming Back To Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Felix Trinidad To Oscar De La Hoya: I Am Not Coming Back To Boxing

At 48-years-old, former three division world champion Felix "Tito" Trinidad will continue to enjoy the fruits of his retirement from boxing. Trinidad has been out of the ring since January of 2008, when he lost a twelve round decision to Roy Jones Jr.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I remember Tito calling out Oscar a few yrs back regarding a rematch to help the Puerto Rico Earthquake/Hurricane survivors, sounds like a ploy to get more money from Thriller
    Last edited by Eastlos; 09-02-2021, 03:19 AM.

Comment

Good job Tito!
      Hard Hands Hard Hands likes this.

Comment

Good call by Trinidad, I hope he means/sticks to it.
        Hard Hands Hard Hands likes this.

Comment

i agree with Trinidad on staying retired. Yes he did call Oscar for the rematch multiple times. Oscar sais there was no need because he thought he beat Tito. Money talks doe!!!

Comment

Oscar should have got the decision in that fight. He clearly dominated Felix with the exception of giving away the last 3 rounds.
            Marktko1020 Marktko1020 likes this.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear of Oscar's past troubles, and there's some latest news on that, but hopefully this comeback of sorts will help him.

He shouldn't call out Trinidad, he clearly beat Felix already, those judges were nuts. He could've been more aggressive in that fight though, as Trinidad looked weak in that one.

He did clearly lose a close but clear decision in the first Mosley fight, but was robbed in the rematch.

The Pernell Whitaker fight, I could see if you scored it for 'Sweetpea', although I thought Oscar edged it with the more effective punches.

The Quartey fight was spectacular, could've gone either way, but De La Hoya finished that fight strongly.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
                I'm sorry to hear of Oscar's past troubles, and there's some latest news on that, but hopefully this comeback of sorts will help him.

He shouldn't call out Trinidad, he clearly beat Felix already, those judges were nuts. He could've been more aggressive in that fight though, as Trinidad looked weak in that one.

He did clearly lose a close but clear decision in the first Mosley fight, but was robbed in the rematch.

The Pernell Whitaker fight, I could see if you scored it for 'Sweetpea', although I thought Oscar edged it with the more effective punches.

The Quartey fight was spectacular, could've gone either way, but De La Hoya finished that fight strongly.
                Oscar got some gift decisions and was robbed by the judges too. Oscar vs Whitaker was close with some believing that Oscar was gifted the victory. Oscar also looked pretty bad against Sturm but was given the victory. Oscar beat Mosley in their rematch but was robbed and Mosley was on PED’s for that fight. Oscar beat Tito by clearly outboxing him for 8 to 9 rounds and coasted the last rounds believing that the judges were not going to rob him because it would be mathematically impossible. Oscar ended up getting robbed. Floyd fights to win on points yet the judges never robbed him like they have Oscar. Floyd vs Oscar was close but I would give the decision victory to Oscar. Floyd Sr. even said that Oscar beat Floyd Jr. Oscar did fight more fighters in their prime than Floyd.
                Last edited by Marktko1020; 09-02-2021, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post

He robbed Quartey imho, because despite unleashing more punches in the 12th rd I've ever seen,he still lost most the rds,1 monster rd don't change that.

Comment

I loathe fishnets and Ray Leonard so it brings me great joy that Felix and (RIP) Marvin make both look like the desperate coke addicts they are and turn them down for ridiculous rematches.

Tell him Felix- go trick for coke money. I’m not helping you get any.

Comment

Working...
                    X