Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mauricio Lara - Twice as Nice?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mauricio Lara - Twice as Nice?

By Cliff Rold - Part of the enduring mythology, and indeed allure, of boxing is the chance to change one's fortunes from known to unknown with simply the strength of their own two fists. It's a draw for participants and it's what keeps even the most cynical fans with an eye on the screen even when they 'know' what they're about to see.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Warrington on a moped. I hope Lara can catch him and make it exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by JonDelPrado View Post
      Warrington on a moped. I hope Lara can catch him and make it exciting.
      Yeah, I wonder if Warrington will do a bit of an AJ in his Ruiz rematch, attempt to box his way to a win, get out, worry about anything else after. I thought I saw it's supposed to be a big crowd so who knows if he keep to it in a hometown fight? Lara just looked tough as hell, lo-fi type effects but tough

Comment

Originally posted by Mario040481 View Post

Yeah, I wonder if Warrington will do a bit of an AJ in his Ruiz rematch, attempt to box his way to a win, get out, worry about anything else after. I thought I saw it's supposed to be a big crowd so who knows if he keep to it in a hometown fight? Lara just looked tough as hell, lo-fi type effects but tough
        I think if he even tries that strategy he’ll revert back to form once he’s tagged hard. His success so far in his career has been as a high volume pressure fighter who has outworked other fighters. Can’t see him successfully changing it up and trying to pot shot or get in and out.
        Really difficult dilemma and fight for Josh, dangerous for him to fight his normal style and dangerous for him to try and adjust and get caught between styles. Think Lara takes this again.

Comment

Originally posted by ArturoBalboa View Post

I think if he even tries that strategy he’ll revert back to form once he’s tagged hard. His success so far in his career has been as a high volume pressure fighter who has outworked other fighters. Can’t see him successfully changing it up and trying to pot shot or get in and out.
          Really difficult dilemma and fight for Josh, dangerous for him to fight his normal style and dangerous for him to try and adjust and get caught between styles. Think Lara takes this again.
          Thanks for that. To be honest, the fight was the first I had ever seen of either guy in. I appreciate your giving me some background on the situation. In your opinion, is there any possibility of the beating he took in the first fight affecting him in the rematch, as in, could he possibly be a shot fighter, did people believe he was on his way to being such even prior to the first Lara fight? I may be wrong but I thought I read a lot of people giving opinions of his looking well past his best the first time

Comment

Funny that Brits say that Lara was unknown and a an underdog. Warrington or whatever his name is not known in the American continent.

Comment

Working...
            X