Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kazuto Ioka Fends Off Determined Francisco Rodriguez, Defends WBO Title In Tokyo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kazuto Ioka Fends Off Determined Francisco Rodriguez, Defends WBO Title In Tokyo

Kazuto Ioka survived the toughest test of his current title reign. The only male boxer from Japan to win titles in four weight divisions, Ioka fended off a determined Francisco 'Chihuas' Rodriguez to retain his WBO junior bantamweight title. Judges Yuji Fujuchi (116-112), Nobuto Ikehara (116-112) and Michiaki Someya (116-112) were unanimous in awarding the fight to Ioka in an entertaining twelve-round main event Wednesday at Ota-City General Gymnasium in Tokyo.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Thank you for all the coverage leading up this fight, putting it on the schedule and helping us find a way to watch it.

Oh wait, none of that happened.

Comment

I scored it a draw but knew that Ioka was going to get the decision. Nice fight nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
        Thank you for all the coverage leading up this fight, putting it on the schedule and helping us find a way to watch it.

Lol right. All I knew is that it was taking place sometime this week.
        ShaneMosleySr ShaneMosleySr likes this.

Comment

Hey I tried to help people and even posted instructions how to stream it legit with Yoitv free trial. I was going to make a thread about it a few days before the fight but it probably would have been a ghost town like all my threads. Was a pretty good fight though and I also scored it a draw.

Comment

IMO the judges were biased, fight Ancajas or Nietes to prove yourself.

Comment

The schedule here and on ESPN is garbage. Use the boxrec schedule. It has the most extensive list of scheduled fights:

https://boxrec.com/en/schedule

Comment

Right? Hell I told EffPandas about it two weeks ago, and was outside with my son this morning when he texted me asking if I was watching it.. This **** got ZERO promotion or coverage on boxing sites. Shame, I hear it was an incredible fight.

Comment

Originally posted by komandante View Post
                  IMO the judges were biased, fight Ancajas or Nietes to prove yourself.
                  He did fight Nietes. Nietes got a controversial split decision win, then dropped the title to avoid the rematch.

Comment

Agree that Ioka should either unify with Ancajas or rematch Nietes

Comment

Working...
                    X