Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josh Warrington Details His Mental Recovery From Devastating Defeat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Josh Warrington Details His Mental Recovery From Devastating Defeat

If Josh Warrington has wanted to make himself cringe over the past few months, he has watched a recording of himself boxing Mauricio Lara in February. It is bad enough looking at himself get knocked out, but what is just as painful is watching all the mistakes he made that night.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Yes, great fighters can comeback. Your not great until you come back from defeat. Unbeaten records are useless.

Comment

I think josh can win this fight. He walked into something he wasn’t ready for last outing. DO NOT trade with this guy and keep it a chess match.

Comment

The changes he needs to make are pretty huge. He talks about fighting wild but that's how he fights. Lara just did his homework.

Comment

I like Josh but I don't see him staying disciplined for 12 rds and he lacks respectable power to force the Mexican with big hooks to back off.

However, this is boxing and anything can happen. And if he can box on the backfoot and stay disciplined for 10 rds out of 12 and mail the last 2 in without getting sparked - he should get the decision.

Comment

new plan: stay on my feet and finish the fight & home crowd will cheer my shots and the nice judges will give me some points & i get my hand raised hook or crook, this method is proven down the years, it works

Comment

Honestly, I think the bad company has something to do with it. He was put to sleep by all the accomidations. He thought Eddy would... and he was right, but Lara wasn't in on the plot. That was no one punch KO, Lara is a butcher, I hope Josh isn't gun shy, he can win, but a stick and move decision at home is weak revenge.

Comment

Some of this article makes me doubt Josh Warrington even more. 50% of the battle is mental. I also did not realize he had such injuries. May the best man win

Comment

I think Josh lost, partly, because he got caught between 2 styles. He won v Selby & Frampton by rushing them & putting pressure on. I don't know why or when he thought he was a stylist but he seems to have decided to box on the back foot. That didn't work too well v Lara, partly because Josh's instincts are for a tear-up. Although Mauricio Lara is a very big puncher, I think Josh's best approach is the same aggressive all-action style that won him the title. I don't believe Lara can punch that hard if his back is pressed to the ropes & he is denied leverage. Lara needs flat feet to generate power, Josh can take that away by a combination of charging into him & then, when the ref breaks, always circling to the outside, NEVER going back in a straight line. You hear me Josh? That's how you win.

Comment

I hope for his own sake Josh win’s this one. I fear a loss could end his career, would certainly be a long road back. He should have never even been put in this position by Hearn. Vacated his title to fight an unknown and clearly very dangerous Mexican in a high risk, low reward fight. His career looked so promising under Frank Warren and after one fight under Matchroom it looks on the verge of being over at the top level. Would hate to see another talented fighter chewed up a spit out by Matchroom like Kell Brook. Good luck Josh…

Comment

Working...
                    X