Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dana White On Jake Paul's Boxing Career: 'His Shelf Life Is Very F------- Short'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Dana White On Jake Paul's Boxing Career: 'His Shelf Life Is Very F------- Short'

UFC president Dana White is being pressed with questions lately about Jake Paul just as much as the top MMA stars he promotes. The YouTuber-turned-professional boxer Paul made a name for himself knocking out the first three opponents he's faced in fellow YouTuber AnEsonGib, former NBA star Nate Robinson and former UFC veteran and ONE champion Ben Askren.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Dana white becomes the biggest blowhard in the world when someone asks him about boxing….except when he’s lying on the sly about what was it, “zuffa boxing?” Yeah we see where that went….

Comment

Make mcgregor vs jake paul .the mcgregor who fought oddly n actually did good to alot ppl discredit vs mayweather. Same height reach as woodley yrs ahead better striker boxing would be good to get active for first fight in shape and loose without worrying bout leg jake paul no defence i believe would lose to any competant strike first clearly box mightive been first sport mma guy in particular mcgegor masdival both diaz brothers especially nick. Lets do it mcgregor diaz masdivql vs jake paul

Comment

Jake isn't a very good boxer, although that doesn't say much about Woodley as a boxer, although it looked like a knockdown in round four, from the "highlights" I saw.

It seems like Woodley hardly had a mark on his face, but he didn't let his hands go enough. Dana is correct, Jake's shelf life as a boxer is very short.

That's why he's going to milk Showtime out of another two "fights", and get out a multimillionaire, that I'm sure he already is.

I don't even knock him, 'cos if I could get away with these types of events I'd do the same thing. Just train reasonably hard, and fight retired mma wrestlers who can't really box. Make millions, invest in property and not work for a year, then do something simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
          Jake isn't a very good boxer, although that doesn't say much about Woodley as a boxer, although it looked like a knockdown in round four, from the "highlights" I saw.

It seems like Woodley hardly had a mark on his face, but he didn't let his hands go enough. Dana is correct, Jake's shelf life as a boxer is very short.

That's why he's going to milk Showtime out of another two "fights", and get out a multimillionaire, that I'm sure he already is.

I don't even knock him, 'cos if I could get away with these types of events I'd do the same thing. Just train reasonably hard, and fight retired mma wrestlers who can't really box. Make millions, invest in property and not work for a year, then do something simple.
          Jake Paul beats all MMA fighters around that weight. None of them can throw a punch

Comment

Jake Paul is exposing the lousy hand skills of UFCers as well as how little Dana White pays them.

I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post

a year? The Paul brothers never have to work again. They are able to retire now. It's everyone's dream to be able to retire that young.

Comment

Some boxing fans actually happy that an MMA fan Youtuber is beating old cut from the UFC MMA fighters in the biggest boxing matches of the year now, because they think it means boxing is getting a "win" over the UFC. Oh how the dynamics have changed. Remember when boxing was ****ing huge and the UFC was 5 events a year in the Midwest, and Ken ****ing Shamrock wasnt randomly walking into massive high profile boxing paydays.

Originally posted by Dakuwaqa View Post

Jake Paul beats all MMA fighters around that weight. None of them can throw a punch
                He just got shook up by a guy who looked like this 3 minutes into his last UFC fight...

dYto1aQ.gif
                op1gPcl.gif

Dont get me wrong, still ballsy of him to fight Woodley, but lets not get carried away.

Comment

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post
                  Some boxing fans actually happy that an MMA fan Youtuber is beating old cut from the UFC MMA fighters in the biggest boxing matches of the year now, because they think it means boxing is getting a "win" over the UFC. Oh how the dynamics have changed. Remember when boxing was ****ing huge and the UFC was 5 events a year in the Midwest, and Ken ****ing Shamrock wasnt randomly walking into massive high profile boxing paydays.

He just got shook up by a guy who looked like this 3 minutes into his last UFC fight...

dYto1aQ.gif
                  op1gPcl.gif

Dont get me wrong, still ballsy of him to fight Woodley, but lets not get carried away.
                  Here’s a question for you my man. Name a UFC fighter you feel confident would beat him in a boxing match? Has to be around the weight

Comment

Originally posted by Dakuwaqa View Post

Here’s a question for you my man. Name a UFC fighter you feel confident would beat him in a boxing match? Has to be around the weight
                    At 170 - Luque, Masvidal, Ponzinibbio, Edwards.

At 185 - Adesanya, Cannonier, Kelvin, Holland, Bobby, Till, Hall.
                    Last edited by TMLT87; 08-31-2021, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X