Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cleveland Rocks: Paul and Woodley Lob Grenades, Rack up Numbers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cleveland Rocks: Paul and Woodley Lob Grenades, Rack up Numbers

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - It's another day in 2021's boxing reality. You know, the world that's being overtaken by the likes of Jake Paul. Love it or loathe it, the Paul boys - that's Jake and older brother Logan, for those somehow unaware - have become the straws that stir the in-rink drink.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Sad to say, but I gotta agree with most of dude's article. Stupidity seems to be cool nowadays, and Joke Paul has brought along his army of dummies along for the ride. Dude wants to promote anti-bullying after his fight with Woodley, but forgot that all he's doing is bullying smaller people with less skills than him in the ring. The contradictive world we live in and the followers that eat that garbage up. Smh.

Comment

I normally don't dignify these articles by reading or responding to them - but I have to admit I can't quite work out how these two came to be in this position.

Was it engineered? Accidental? Is it 'fans' simply wanting to see a couple of poseurs beaten up and sent on their way with a cautionary tale about how boxing is not a sport to be taken lightly?

Is it half-witted YT Millenials who follow the latest social media trends descending on martial arts with something they think is important to be a part of?

I can't figure it out, and I'm not going to bother.
      Fighter78 Fighter78 likes this.

Comment

Just bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed

Comment

Once again, we see that personality and gamesmanship matters in boxing. Mayweather sold a lot of his fights on a villain persona, Broner did the same, Conor McGregor built his mma
          career and became the richest man in MMA due to his villain role and is/was loved and hated for it. The promotion looked great, the ringwalks were excellent, Paul and Woolley promoted the fight well, Paul came in with electronic trunks, etc etc. Like the European boxing promotion, American boxing needs more Roman pomp. Triller gets this, it the traditionalists hate it for some reason
          STREET CLEANER STREET CLEANER likes this.

Comment

I don't know if we can blame all millennials, but many are to blame I guess, for these events. But it is what is.

Gotta give credit I suppose, to the Paul brothers, they made big money, especially Logan, who got Floyd to do an exhibition with him.

To be fair, Logan trained hard, went eight rounds with a legend who didn't really bother training or winning.

Now, I just need to increase my youtube subscribers to one million, and then I can get a fight with Geoge St.Pierre, or perhaps George Foreman, but I think he'd knock me out.

Comment

Let them fight as often as they want -- just don't call them boxers (perhaps excited eunuchs, pugilistic patsies, reluctant ruffians, sloppy slappers, or some such thing), and be certain not to assign judges. Either a KO is scored, or the fight's a draw. One more thing: the only fighter to get paid is the one who scores the KO.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
                I don't know if we can blame all millennials, but many are to blame I guess, for these events. But it is what is.

Gotta give credit I suppose, to the Paul brothers, they made big money, especially Logan, who got Floyd to do an exhibition with him.

To be fair, Logan trained hard, went eight rounds with a legend who didn't really bother training or winning.

Now, I just need to increase my youtube subscribers to one million, and then I can get a fight with Geoge St.Pierre, or perhaps George Foreman, but I think he'd knock me out.
                I do believe its the vast majority of millenials that are to blame. It seems we've wondered back to the late 80's early 90's when being stupid was actually cool and preferred. These are the same folks who are killing professional wrestling off because they want to see a 12 year old win the world heavyweight title...or they get off seeing a guy wrestle with his hands in his pockets the entire match...or they get off seeing a woman beat a man for the heavyweight title...or they get off seeing a woman that goes by the name "the man". This is the bizarro fuk$h!t these extremely small minded goofballs like. I feel so filthy even talking about the nonsensical crap they put out as pro wrestling nowadays. Please forgive me

Comment

To sale that many you can just sell to boxing hardcore viewers along. You have to capture the imagination of casual fans and they have done it with their antics and drama.

Not my cup of tea but it is a business and it is selling well.

Comment

I don't buy it. we know cbs/showtime inflates the number of ppv buys. they will never reveal the true number. this site boxingscene which is also owned by cbs will say any ppv associated with cbs/showtime did great numbers and hide and cover up anything that says otherwise. Lots of people streamed this circus of a card. I for one did not contribute to this mess which will ultimately be a cancer to boxing. I'm glad that its over.

Comment

Working...
                    X