No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jake Paul vs. Tyron Woodley - CompuBox Punch Stats

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jake Paul vs. Tyron Woodley - CompuBox Punch Stats

Youtube star turned boxer Jake Paul wins by the split decision as he outlands former UFC champion Tyron Woodley 71-52 in total punches. Paul was economical with his punches as he landed 35 of 85 power punches. Woodley outlanded Paul in power punches, 41-35.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Crap like this will destroy boxing. Let them take it to wrestling or mma, but not boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dle View Post
      Crap like this will destroy boxing. Let them take it to wrestling or mma, but not boxing.
      Muhammad Ali fought Lyle Alzado and Antonio Inoki.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post

That’s not a good comparison. You’re better off saying what Floyd did as of late or post career. Those are HOFs having earned the right to do weird stuff

now combat sports has become too liberal

Comment

I wasnt around for that, so maybe i'm wrong about this, but I assume those fights didnt feel like they were bigger than actual big boxing matches at the time. Nobody was calling Alzado the face of boxing etc. Right now these freakshows with celebrities, MMA guys, old retired boxers etc make up a good chunk of the most high profile mainstream boxing matches of the last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Dle View Post

it was so bad that i didnt care who got the decision. woodly had him but didnt try. prob threw the fight. rocked him once but then did nothing. you got woodley not trying and you got paul sloppy and gassed.

a lot like ortiz- guerrero where it was so poor that i didnt care who got the decision, both guys gassed.

this is not good because i never remember thinking before i hope they score it a draw because neither guy showed me they deserve a win. now that is common place in boxing.

pac-ugas was so underwhelming too. watching it seeing how little ugas throws, seeing that pac could have beat him easy in his prime closing the distance and outworking him and giving him angles and speed. then watching a plodding pac not be able to put anything together and see a ugas not really pressing it more, no passing of the torch or anythign. just lackluster.

Comment

While Ali was still drawing as an actual boxer. The sideshow is okay if there is an actual show otherwise - Jake Paul is literally a sideshow and nothing else.

Ali was a boxer who did a little on the side. Jake Paul is a guy on the side pretending to be a boxer. Chalk and cheese, no comparison.

Comment

Working...
              X