Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Montana Love Drops, Stops Ivan Baranchyk in Seven Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Montana Love Drops, Stops Ivan Baranchyk in Seven Rounds

CLEVELAND - Montana Love supposedly wasn't enough of a puncher to hurt Ivan Baranchyk on Sunday night. That didn't stop the Cleveland native from scoring a career-changing, technical-knockout victory over the former IBF junior welterweight champion on the Jake Paul-Tyron Woodley undercard at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse. Love withstood some troublesome moments against the hard-hitting Baranchyk before he dropped him with a perfectly placed left uppercut toward the end of the seventh round.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 08-29-2021, 08:59 PM.

He's done, his body just can't do it anymore.

Comment

Ivan needs to retire. When you get knocked out by a guy with just under a 50% KO record, you've taken too many punches. His punch resistance is like rice paper.
      MehdiQaos MehdiQaos likes this.

Comment

Good for Diaz in stopping the fight before any serious damage occurred. Baranchyk is done as a professional fighter. Sad, I thought he had real potential when I 1st saw him hit the scene but clearly he's taken too much punishment.

Boxing is more about wear and tear vs age. Baranchyk is 28 and should be in his prime physically.

Bronx2245 Bronx2245 likes this.

Comment

I’m really feeling this Cleveland crowd. I really I’ve this trend of boxing getting away from Vegas, NY, and LA…..fight cards in cities like Houston, San Antonio, Atlanta, Baltimore, Cleveland etc…great stuff and I am glad to see Frank bringing British talent via Queensbury

Comment

Gotta love baranchyk's heart, he was hurt bad when he went down but was desperate to convince the ref he could go on, that being said, he needs to call it quits now, no punch resistance to be observed anymore and if he carries on taking this sort of punishment he'll be punch drunk for the rest of his life and he's still young, there's no point risking it anymore

Comment

Love is odd. He'd wobble Ivan and instead of jumping on him, he'd throw his hands up and celebrate the punch landed and wobbled him. Don't think i've ever seen that before in a fighter.
              Butt stuff Butt stuff likes this.

Comment

Good win for Love!
                Charlie Zelenoff Charlie Zelenoff likes this.

Comment

Baranchyk must go to 147 to fight the likes of Omar Figueroa, Vic Ortiz, John Molina and Provodnikov

Comment

I knew this is what was going to happen. Everyone knew there was no recovery from the Zepeda fight. The guy threw like 1/3 of his normal punch output. He could hit the side of a barn if he wanted to. Couldn't take a punch that actually just winged him (first one, early in the fight). I had hoped that this guy would at least take a couple years off before trying to make a return, just so he could really heal and then assess himself. But this was clearly a boxer who's taken way too many punches.

The one thing that I loved seeing was Ivan's wife hugging and kissing him. That's what he should focus on now.
                    Butt stuff Butt stuff likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X