Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sam Maxwell: I'd Give Ennis-Brown a Rematch, But it Would Be Same Result

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sam Maxwell: I'd Give Ennis-Brown a Rematch, But it Would Be Same Result

Sam Maxwell won the British and Commonwealth super-lightweight titles as he won an extremely close decision against Akeem Enni- Brown on Saturday.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I can understand the grounds for that robbery because Brown was literally tickling him with most of the punches but Maxwell was Outworked for so many of the rounds. I couldn’t find 6 clear rounds for Maxwell, let alone 8 .
    It was another one where they had to tell the pundits something to not act so shocked and the only people who thought they won were Maxwell’s corner and the judges.

Comment

Did literally nothing but clinch the entire fight and won a decision where his team seemingly knew he won, even when he clearly lost. yes nothing to see here folks.

Comment

Originally posted by GlassJoey View Post
        I can understand the grounds for that robbery because Brown was literally tickling him with most of the punches but Maxwell was Outworked for so many of the rounds. I couldn’t find 6 clear rounds for Maxwell, let alone 8 .
        It was another one where they had to tell the pundits something to not act so shocked and the only people who thought they won were Maxwell’s corner and the judges.
        Yeah but a fighter with no power shouldn't be penalised for that. If he outboxed his opponent then he deserves the decision. If fighters with no power can't get decisions they deserve, then they might as well just pack it in. What would be fair about that? Boxing isn't just about power, there's a skill factor involved also. So I can't understand the grounds for that robbery because this nonsense happens far too often and its ruining the sport.

Comment

Translation: Sure I'll give him a rematch, but we all know the judges will just rob him again lmao
          boxinglife8 boxinglife8 mlac mlac like this.

Comment

This fight was horrible. Ennis Brown is utterly terrible to watch and yet somehow Maxwell looked worse. This Brown fella moves like an epileptic in a rave. That was... I don't know I'm speechless.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post

Yeah but a fighter with no power shouldn't be penalised for that. If he outboxed his opponent then he deserves the decision. If fighters with no power can't get decisions they deserve, then they might as well just pack it in. What would be fair about that? Boxing isn't just about power, there's a skill factor involved also. So I can't understand the grounds for that robbery because this nonsense happens far too often and its ruining the sport.
              Totally agree. To be honest I couldn’t see the work that Maxwell was supposedly doing and Brown was landing proper shots as well as tickles .

my guess is that the board and the dodgy judges have been sold the idea of Maxwell having a big fight next.

Comment

Originally posted by GlassJoey View Post

Totally agree. To be honest I couldn’t see the work that Maxwell was supposedly doing and Brown was landing proper shots as well as tickles .

my guess is that the board and the dodgy judges have been sold the idea of Maxwell having a big fight next.
                It's happening all over. Mykal Fox has no power and look what happened there. At least that's brought about the WBA getting sorted. Think there's a rematch clause for Akeem but I hope he gets a fair crack at it. Sam Maxwell is average at best.

Comment

Working...
                X