Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Showtime's Espinoza: I Was Skeptical At First, But I Think Jake Paul Can Draw New Fans To The Sport

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Showtime's Espinoza: I Was Skeptical At First, But I Think Jake Paul Can Draw New Fans To The Sport

By Keith Idec - CLEVELAND - Stephen Espinoza understands the skepticism many boxing fans have directed toward Jake Paul. Espinoza was skeptical, too, before Showtime's president of sports and event programming examined Paul's potential as not only a fighter, but as an uncommon conduit who can broaden boxing's fan base among younger people who don't regularly watch the sport.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The Paul’s are affiliated with Floyd and Haymon on the downlow. #endgames

Comment

Paul is the NEW Butter Bean. Side show boxing attraction. It worked before.

Comment

Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post
        Paul is the NEW Butter Bean. Side show boxing attraction. It worked before.
        Butter bean attracted the “good old boy” rural working class types. The Paul’s target a younger more urban type, I actually think they are a better bet for growing the sport than butterbean was
        mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

Butter bean attracted the “good old boy” rural working class types. The Paul’s target a younger more urban type, I actually think they are a better bet for growing the sport than butterbean was
          I agree but it’s still a freak show, just a bigger freaky audience.

Comment

Great signing by Espinoza and Showtime ignore the miserable bitter Hardcore Boxing Fans. Jake don't need us he does indeed bring new fans, his own fans which are mostly Generation Z kids

Also like them putting these exhibition fights on Sundays as well
            Last edited by sicko; 08-29-2021, 11:45 AM.
            mgame mgame 1hourRun 1hourRun like this.

Comment

I have to agree with sleazy Stephanie. Its dog chit level Boxing but they can polish it all up and make it a good looking show. If 500k YouTube fans enjoy it it's bound to attract a few to the real side of the sport.

If you see it as a circus act or side show then fine, I certainly do but all the real fighters are still doing their thing regardless.

Comment

You can’t blame the Paul brothers blame the Duckers and The Cherry Pickers if Boxing had the best fighting the best boxing wouldn’t need the Paul brothers or the Youtube fans. Thanks Mayweather for creating this protect the zero
                6ixsidesniper 6ixsidesniper likes this.

Comment

Working...
                X