Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya On Golden Boy's Expiring DAZN Deal: It's Good To Have Options

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya On Golden Boy's Expiring DAZN Deal: It's Good To Have Options

LOS ANGELES -- Oscar De La Hoya is preparing for a comeback fight at the age of 48 on Sept. 11 against former UFC champion Vitor Belfort at Staples Center. The pay-per-view bout will be promoted by Triller and will be streamed on FITE, the streaming platform recently purchased by Triller.
    [Click Here To Read More]

DAZN colluded w/t Hearn to steal Canelo from Golden Boy Promotions. I wouldn’t trust those Benedict Arnold organization, if my life depended on it. Oscar needs to get far way from DAZN before they find a way to steal both Ryan and Vergil next. As the old saying goes fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Comment

DAZN isn’t big in the USA so fishnets wants out.
      Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Golden Boy consistently puts on the best cards in the US in my opinion. Oscar needs to do what is best for the financial health of his company and it's fighters.

Comment

Oscar you should have NEVER gone to that shambolic excuse for an app. From day one they conned you. Just like Hearn tried to steal fighters from pbc, they got you with their little grifter spiel and got Canelo. You never saw it coming lad. Take your stable and run away as fast as you can. Go to triller or if you like but Showtime, FOX, CBS, ESPN, NBC are much better. You signed a deal with the devil but there is deliverance. Golden Boy is CLEARLY the better content provider on that app for AMERICAN boxing and it’s a shame most AMERICAN sports fans have no idea they are fighting or who they are. Let that be a lesson to you Oscar, never get into bed with a colonial minded imperialist and his dreams of “global domination” via the “American takeover”
          Last edited by Oldskoolg; 08-28-2021, 08:41 AM.

Comment

I wonder if a Spanish-Speaking platform has the money to make a deal with GBP? Is Univision (Univision Deportes) or Telemundo big enough to handle something like GBP? Doesn't Telemundo have a relationship with NBC?

Comment

The whole sport is deteriorating faster than the Afghany president bailed after the US troops left. The whole business model with too many networks and too many options and overpaid fighters stopped fighters from feeling the need to fight meaningful fights and except for Canelo and Joshua, none of them is a star nor do they have the inner drive to be the best.

They only want to fight under the safest of circumstances where they get overpaid and then the promoters want to keep putting on slot-filling mismatches on their sugar daddys' networks as a steady form of income for both. It's not just a DAZN problem, the whole sport is destined to failure following the current business model started by the PBC and I was hoping that DAZN was going to bring some normality and sustainability to the sport but apparently they lost interest too.

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
                The whole sport is deteriorating faster than the Afghany president bailed after the US troops left. The whole business model with too many networks and too many options and overpaid fighters stopped fighters from feeling the need to fight meaningful fights and except for Canelo and Joshua, none of them is a star nor do they have the inner drive to be the best.

They only want to fight under the safest of circumstances where they get overpaid and then the promoters want to keep putting on slot-filling mismatches on their sugar daddys' networks as a steady form of income for both. It's not just a DAZN problem, the whole sport is destined to failure following the current business model started by the PBC and I was hoping that DAZN was going to bring some normality and sustainability to the sport but apparently they lost interest too.
                Yeah it makes no sense to me. If they put on more 50-50 type fights more often fights would be more entertaining which would lead to more veiws/money . Telemundo does it all the time which is why even with the lower end talent they display , they are still a popular series .
                Sayithowitisuk Bob likes this.

Comment

de la hoya is one talented guy, fists for boxing, brain for business, ass for kitchen implements

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post

DAZN was trying to entice as many names to make their platform the place to be. Seems they ran out of money before they could manage it. No thanks to Hearn who will pick up any rando like Andrade and splurge on him,

Comment

Working...
                    X