Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Trainer: Jake Paul is Like a Shark, Once He Tastes a Little Bit of Blood - He Goes Crazy!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Trainer: Jake Paul is Like a Shark, Once He Tastes a Little Bit of Blood - He Goes Crazy!

Ahead of this Sunday's Jake Paul vs. Tyron Woodley Showtime PPV event, Paul's head trainer, BJ Flores, previewed the anticipated showdown during a media roundtable Friday before Paul and Woodley enter the ring at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse in Cleveland.
    [Click Here To Read More]

"No one is in there with killers at 3-0" lol!

I'll give them credit for creativity though. Digging up these past their prime undersized MMA guys is a unique way to get "names" on your resume and avoid the usual can crushing of hopeless unknowns. Depending on how bad Woodley's performance is though, Jake might need to step up to an actual tomato can level boxing journeyman. It's pretty apparent he doesn't actually care what real boxing fans think of him though so it's a moot point. It will be funny if he wins an ugly 8 round decision and can't stop the guy. Even funnier if he gets slept by Woodley though.

Comment

The most attention Flores the hapless pro will ever receive. Once Jake Paul loses, his five minutes of fame will be up.

Comment

I think Jake Paul is going to stop Tyron and then the hype for Jake Paul will really reach another level...

Comment

Whatever floats your boat

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post
            "No one is in there with killers at 3-0" lol!

I'll give them credit for creativity though. Digging up these past their prime undersized MMA guys is a unique way to get "names" on your resume and avoid the usual can crushing of hopeless unknowns. Depending on how bad Woodley's performance is though, Jake might need to step up to an actual tomato can level boxing journeyman. It's pretty apparent he doesn't actually care what real boxing fans think of him though so it's a moot point. It will be funny if he wins an ugly 8 round decision and can't stop the guy. Even funnier if he gets slept by Woodley though.

I have said this many times. Woodley is hand picked. He looks the part, he is muscular looking and more intimidating in appearance than pot bellied Ben Askren. But at the end of the day he is 20 pounds smaller than Jake, a wrestler and never boxed just like Ben Askren. People consider it a step up but I think its a wash. He is a marginal better striker than ben but he is also 4 years older than him. He dont even have a boxing background like diaz. Its a freaking joke.

Fury's half brother is actually pretty evenly matched with Jake. Hes been fighting 3 years against no hopers, so hes been training boxing those 3 years. Pretty similar to jake. I think they dont take that fight because its high risk low reward. I think they will use his name for a bit and fight another 40 year old cage fighter. I dont think Jake or Logan Paul take a fight they think they have a >25% chance of losing unless its for a big pay day against a name like Mayweather that wont hurt their marketability. They are here to milk the sport not be real boxers.
            Last edited by elfag; 08-28-2021, 01:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kingstip9 View Post
              The most attention Flores the hapless pro will ever receive. Once Jake Paul loses, his five minutes of fame will be up.

this they stack it highly in his favor, hes been practicing for 3 years and they get like 2-3 months notice to figure out how to learn boxing. They went from retired pro athelete to now retired pro "fighters" but they hand pick wrestlers. Now they hand picked a guy who looks jacked which will fool casuals.

Comment

Originally posted by elfag View Post

I have said this many times. Woodley is hand picked. He looks the part, he is muscular looking and more intimidating in appearance than pot bellied Ben Askren. But at the end of the day he is 20 pounds smaller than Jake, a wrestler and never boxed just like Ben Askren. People consider it a step up but I think its a wash. He is a marginal better striker than ben but he is also 4 years older than him. He dont even have a boxing background like diaz. Its a freaking joke.

Fury's half brother is actually pretty evenly matched with Jake. Hes been fighting 3 years against no hopers, so hes been training boxing those 3 years. Pretty similar to jake. I think they dont take that fight because its high risk low reward. I think they will use his name for a bit and fight another 40 year old cage fighter. I dont think Jake or Logan Paul take a fight they think they have a >25% chance of losing unless its for a big pay day against a name like Mayweather that wont hurt their marketability. They are here to milk the sport not be real boxers.
                Yeah, I was being a bit more conservative and pondering from a marketing perspective I guess? That and a little wishful thinking...

I was a bit more straight up in another thread: https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/b...8#post31064498

Comment

Originally posted by KOVALEVKO View Post
                  I think Jake Paul is going to stop Tyron and then the hype for Jake Paul will really reach another level...
                  I think this too. Tyron just throws the big overhand right and windmills or hammer-fists a downed opponent. You can't land that shot without mma gloves with a right foot off the floor and have power. He's going to land his best shot and Jake is going to flake it off.

Plus, Tyron's mouth is writing checks his arse can't cash. When you see people wish death and destruction like he is, they alway come up short, unless you're like Mike Tyson in his prime or something. Tyron is a washed up shrimplet. I almost feel bad for him because his entire life is riding on a win.

Comment

Least Paul was smart enough to get a couple OG's to reel him in.

Comment

Working...
                    X