Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBA Orders Leigh Wood-Michael Conlan; Leo Santa Cruz Mandated To Face Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: WBA Orders Leigh Wood-Michael Conlan; Leo Santa Cruz Mandated To Face Winner

Two boxers who won separate versions of the same title just six days apart are now on a collision course. Representatives for Leigh Wood and Michael Conlan have been ordered by the World Boxing Association (WBA) to enter negotiations for a mandatory featherweight title fight. Both parties were contacted Friday by the sanctioning body who have ordered a 30-day window for terms to be reached before ordering a purse bid hearing.
    [Click Here To Read More]

So LSC has not fought at the weight in 2 years and he was not stripped, but Pacquiao was???

Comment

I'll pick Wood to beat Conlan.

Comment

Wood smashes conlan to pieces
        Keysandboxing Keysandboxing likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          So LSC has not fought at the weight in 2 years and he was not stripped, but Pacquiao was???
          After he was sacrificed to Porky Davis I am sure Haymon made sure he was safe from the WBA striping spree.
          James Hunt James Hunt likes this.

Comment

This fight will be intriguing, if Leigh wood didn't have Davison in his cnr I would be heavily leaning towards Conlan in this, but I foresee Davison having a good plan for this bout that could negate everything Conlan does well, which in his last few bouts hasn't really been much to be honest, I know this will be an unpopular opinion on here cos a lot of ppl seem to hate Davison, mostly due to the fact they see him as a guy who hasn't done anything to deserve the position he finds himself in, which is actually a fair critique, but of his most ardent critics on here most couldn't not be impressed with his game plan against xu can and some even started to come around to his skills as a trainer after that bout, i believe he'll take Leigh wood to places he never dreamed of in his boxing career, just my opinion, I'll hold my hands up if I'm wrong about him, the jury's still out, but so far I can't help but be impressed with the bouts he's been involved in, whether it's been fury, Taylor, saunders or wood
            Keysandboxing Keysandboxing likes this.

Comment

Will Lee do to Xu Can what JoJo did to Farmer regarding a rematch?
              After the Farmer fight, IBF mandated mando defense. JoJo "escaped" contracted rematch by fighting mando instead of Farmer.
              Will Eddeh return the favor to GBP?

Comment

Originally posted by James Hunt View Post
                Will Lee do to Xu Can what JoJo did to Farmer regarding a rematch?
                After the Farmer fight, IBF mandated mando defense. JoJo "escaped" contracted rematch by fighting mando instead of Farmer.
                Will Eddeh return the favor to GBP?
                Why should Xu get a rematch? He lost fair and square. The WBA are eliminating their fake titles, so this mando is an elimination bout for #1 to face Leo. Xu is irrelevant.

Comment

I hope we get Wood/Conlan, that would be fun and be face the music time for Conlan. Not sure what PBC will try to angle for LSC. Guessing he takes on a faded guy like Anselmo Moreno or Hector Garcia, then tries to make an in house fight or returns to 130

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    Totally ridiculous. LSC getting special treatment for sure.
                    Bronx2245 Bronx2245 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X