Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daniel Dubois: This Is My Chance To Show Americans What I Can Do; They're In For A Treat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Daniel Dubois: This Is My Chance To Show Americans What I Can Do; They're In For A Treat

By Keith Idec - CLEVELAND - Daniel Dubois blended into the background Thursday, quietly watching as "the circus" Jake Paul predicted unfolded before the British heavyweight's very eyes. The spiraling spectacle - unsightly even by boxing's lowbrow standards - was everything Dubois is not. The final press conference to promote Paul's pay-per-view fight against former UFC welterweight champion Tyron Woodley was loud, obnoxious and eventually out of control.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Welcome to the country, all the best lad.

Comment

Quite a thing; Jake Paul, not saying he's a bad boxer, but new to pro boxing, and still to fight a proper boxer and a veteran mma fighter, headlining above world class boxers.

But that's the market when you do a Triller type promotion, which Showtime is now on board with.

Comment

Once a quitter always a quitter
        Jkp Jkp likes this.

Comment

I am just glad the kid is back. War DDD.

Comment

I thought we already saw him quit. Best of luck to him, we need more HW contenders.

Comment

**** off.

All this talk by many people here about how Jake Paul is bad for boxing over here and now they're in America fighting on his ****ing undercard.

Brits always do this weird thing we we simultaneously pretend we're superior to Americans whilst begging off them. Far more interesting opponents for Dubious to fight in the US as well. Instead he choose some no name guido.

I used to think Dubois was the future but I actually think he's a busted flush. Hopefully I'm just getting ahead of myself but everything so far makes it look like he's on "overrated British bum" train. People are really ****ing underestimating Joyce. He was a very high level opponent for Dubois to take on. His wins against Stiverne and Takam should have proven that. Dubois should really be aiming for names like Kabayel/Pulev/Arreola/Helenius. I feel these fights are ultimately pointless and will end up being countdowns to another defeat by the hands of more seasoned heavyweight.

Comment

After this, Dubois needs to step it the F up with opposition. Fair is fair and fans would torture anyone who was a pretend interim champion if they fought garbage opponents. See - Whyte publicly requesting a can for his US debut. If you are gonna cosplay champ by fighting for a bogus belt, live up to the stature

Comment

Originally posted by mexiFistology View Post
                  Once a quitter always a quitter
                  Really dude, this is how we respect the kids that we love to watch so much.

To all the boxers out there - if you hurt and you decide not continue, I will always support you and always respect what you do. Do not prioritize my entertainment over your health.

Comment

Originally posted by KingGilgamesh View Post
                    **** off.

All this talk by many people here about how Jake Paul is bad for boxing over here and now they're in America fighting on his ****ing undercard.

Brits always do this weird thing we we simultaneously pretend we're superior to Americans whilst begging off them. Far more interesting opponents for Dubious to fight in the US as well. Instead he choose some no name guido.

I used to think Dubois was the future but I actually think he's a busted flush. Hopefully I'm just getting ahead of myself but everything so far makes it look like he's on "overrated British bum" train. People are really ****ing underestimating Joyce. He was a very high level opponent for Dubois to take on. His wins against Stiverne and Takam should have proven that. Dubois should really be aiming for names like Kabayel/Pulev/Arreola/Helenius. I feel these fights are ultimately pointless and will end up being countdowns to another defeat by the hands of more seasoned heavyweight.
                    But Joyce is 12 years younger than this kid and he was winning the fight. Do you not think that Dubois will top Joyce like today. In fact if both fought again i pick Dubois over Joyce.

Comment

Working...
                    X