Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Junior Fa vs. Justis Huni - Negotiations Have Slowed Down

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Junior Fa vs. Justis Huni - Negotiations Have Slowed Down

There are ongoing discussions for a heavyweight clash between New Zealand's Junior Fa and rising Australian contender Justis Huni. Fa, 19-1, is coming off the first defeat of his pro career - a decision loss to former heavyweight champion Joseph Parker in February.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Would be a decent matchup. Fa fought didn't look bad against Parker (who didn't look good and hasn't in a while), Huni looked decent the one time I saw him against limited opposition.

Comment

Very good fight if it happens, Fa really rolling the dice .

Comment

I can't see Huni getting past Fa especially based on his last performance. Prior to the Gallen fight, his style was reminiscent of Iron Mike, but he lacks the punching power.

He had some trouble getting his past two opponents out of there early - Gallen is a former rugby league forward, a tough old gristly bird with little skill and in his late 30's.

Huni has faced a lot of soft opposition including in the amateur ranks where he had just over 20 fights.

He has potential, and I can see both sides of the case here: There is a desperate need in Australia to rally behind a Heavyweight ( a very rare occurrence ) while conventional wisdom would dictate not rushing this kid at just 22 with a 5-0 record into a career-defining fight with a seasoned pro like Fa.

It's a big risk, with a win needing to come via KO for Huni in order for the boxing community to take notice.

Comment

This would be a good fight and a big step up for Huni

Comment

If as expected Joe Joyce relinquishe's the Commonwealth Championship then the vacant title adds more spice!

Comment

Working...
            X