Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire: Pacquiao-Ugas Was Close, Decision Could Have Gone Either Way

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Donaire: Pacquiao-Ugas Was Close, Decision Could Have Gone Either Way

WBC super bantamweight champion Nonito Donaire was ringside last Saturday night at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, as he watched countryman Manny Pacquiao lose a twelve round unanimous decision to WBA welterweight champion Yordenis Ugas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I though Ugas needed the 12th round to win 115-113. It looks like the more common score was 116-112 for ugas. I felt it was close but it got away from Manny in the second half.

Comment

It was an 8-4/7-5 ugas victory type of fight

pacquiao can hold his head high for taking on the highest level of competition at his age.

definitely have concerns he’ll fight on and on until he’s knocked out and hurt. Just has that fighters mentality

Comment

8-4 Ugas. Pacquiao is old for his own style now. He missed a lot of thrown punches and just couldn't get out of the way. It could've be 9-3 Ugas.
        Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

It couldn’t have gone either way. The only way it could’ve gone was a scoring a round or two more for Ugas

Comment

What fight did he watch? Delusional or biased or maybe both
            Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
              It couldn’t have gone either way. The only way it could’ve gone was a scoring a round or two more for Ugas
              Watching the fight, it was a stretch to even have Pacquiao winning 3-4 rounds.

Comment

Donaire, just like Dan Rafael, is scoring based on activity level, and not shots landed! Clean effective punches clearly were from Ugas! Easily 7-5 Ugas! Pac admitted he didn't listen! He might be better with proper rest and recovery, but I think he should move down! I understand chasing "Money" in the WW division, but now, there's plenty of money @ 135-140! That's where I think Manny can still be effective! Tank, Teofimo, or KingRy @ 140 would be BIG paydays!

Comment

Originally posted by kingstip9 View Post
                  It was an 8-4/7-5 ugas victory type of fight

pacquiao can hold his head high for taking on the highest level of competition at his age.

definitely have concerns he’ll fight on and on until he’s knocked out and hurt. Just has that fighters mentality
                  at best.

i thought 8-4 or 9-3

Comment

Pacquiao was great, but after struggling against Ugas, imagine what Spence or Crawford would do. I don't want to see Pacquiao take a very bad beating and then only retire.

Retire, or come back for a rematch even, but rather don't fight a guy like Crawford or a young lion like Ennis.

Comment

Working...
                    X