Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao Admits He Begged For Fifth Marquez Fight, Does Not Regret KO Loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Pacquiao Admits He Begged For Fifth Marquez Fight, Does Not Regret KO Loss

Eight division world champion Manny Pacquiao admits that he salivated at the idea of facing Juan Manuel Marquez for a fifth time. From 2004 to 2012, Pacquiao fought Marquez a total of four times.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Marquez was nearly 40 and wanted to have a last word, which he did and I don't blame him for that.

His fight with Bradley soured things up a bit though.

Comment

I thought it was a “Lucky Punch”

Comment

Why would he regret the Knockout loss? That knockout made his Sponsors millions. Pacquiao even received a bonus for the extra exposure. 9 years later and profits are through the roof. They built a new Headquarters in Manilla in 2015
        Last edited by Noelanthony; 08-25-2021, 03:44 AM.

Comment

Well jmm was your kriptonite, the only one - nobody else proved they could hang with pac over 2 or 3 fights.
          But jmm will be first to admit he's not in pac s class
          OldTerry OldTerry likes this.

Comment

Lacky panch

Comment

Arum obviously didn't feel very strongly about securing a fifth fight considering he said he only offered Marquez 6 or 7 million then vaguely said it might have been as high as 8 or 9 which still isn't as much as you'd expect:
              “I know that we offered him either six or seven million dollars, which was far more than he ever made for the fourth fight,” Arum explained to WBN “The offer was made within a year of Marquez scoring the knockout. So we offered him six million. Then I know we went up to eight or nine (million), something like that.”

They basically got Marquez for lowball money for fights 3 and 4 knowing he badly wanted them, but TR obviously didn't want the 5th one badly enough on their end when they were unwilling to increase it to 10 despite the large size of the pot.

At any rate, both sides had stated beforehand that the 4th fight would be for all the marbles with both looking for the definitive KO, and Marquez is the one who got the job done.
              Hustle Hustle GypsyTRAIN GypsyTRAIN like this.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                Well jmm was your kriptonite, the only one - nobody else proved they could hang with pac over 2 or 3 fights.
                But jmm will be first to admit he's not in pac s class
                Jesus don't you ever stop!!. Just get off your knees for a second and take a day off.

Comment

Marquez just had his number. Most experts have him winning the rivalry and it’s hard to disagree. From his point of view, he had been screwed in the cards three times over and after that sweet knockout he was never going to let it happen again. He was going to let pacquiao burn and have sweet revenge.

Comment

Originally posted by AboutBillions View Post
                    I thought it was a “Lucky Punch”
                    You're stirring **** again, incidentally Pacman hit Marquez with a very similar looking shot in their second fight, Marquez didn't go down but was wobbled .

Comment

Working...
                    X