Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Even on a Loss, Pacquiao Exits as One of Century's Best

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Even on a Loss, Pacquiao Exits as One of Century's Best

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - Sports arguments. They're the topic of a million bar bets and the fodder for just as many afternoon drive-time radio shows. LeBron or Jordan. Brady or Manning. Gretzky or Orr. And so on. Turns out boxing is no different. The internet is chock full of lists espousing their authors as a definitive source for both modern and historic pound-for-pound collections.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Thought the list was said to be presented in alphabetical order.....

Comment

Originally posted by Walexhris View Post
      Thought the list was said to be presented in alphabetical order.....
      It was going by last names.

Comment

It’ll be awhile before another top 30 atg comes along

Comment

Current crop doesn't show much promise, Canelo will be a first ballot HOFer no doubt but I doubt he'll be considered an atg unless he gets some wins that age well.

​​

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
            It’ll be awhile before another top 30 atg comes along
            Canelo maybe?

Possible?

Comment

Its crazy how b4 the fight, his fans were saying "he's the best that ever did it, he's the new Ali, he beats Ray Robinson and Charley Burley, # 1 p4p in all of boxing history". As soon as he gets his ass whipped, it turns into, "He's still my hero, one of the best this century, one of the greats, one of the best of the 2000's, he's one of the best of the last 5 years, best calf muscles p4p, he's too small, he can still keep his head up high, it's time to hang em up, can't pull the trigger, time to run for President", etc. Fans are so two-faced it's crazy

Comment

Originally posted by archiemoore1 View Post
                Its crazy how b4 the fight, his fans were saying "he's the best that ever did it, he's the new Ali, he beats Ray Robinson and Charley Burley, # 1 p4p in all of boxing history". As soon as he gets his ass whipped, it turns into, "He's still my hero, one of the best this century, one of the greats, one of the best of the 2000's, he's one of the best of the last 5 years, best calf muscles p4p, he's too small, he can still keep his head up high, it's time to hang em up, can't pull the trigger, time to run for President", etc. Fans are so two-faced it's crazy
                Pac s unarguably best pfp fighter of era.
                Quote:Juan Manuel Marquez: Pac was without doubt the best pound for pound fighter of the era and I fought him at his best. He's the best I faced.

Arguably goat
                Last edited by hugh grant; 08-24-2021, 03:04 AM.

Comment

No, Pacquiao is not a great fighter. Most of the hill off meds nd big names that he beat were on the downside of their careers, washup, beat up, or ready to hang them up. How many prim undefeated fighters has he beaten, Clotty? Thurman after Thurman’s 2 year layoff &Bradley after he initially lost to him. Remember, I told you guys Ugas would pull a Buster Douglas in terms of shock factor.

Comment

Originally posted by Dle View Post
                    No, Pacquiao is not a great fighter. Most of the hill off meds nd big names that he beat were on the downside of their careers, washup, beat up, or ready to hang them up. How many prim undefeated fighters has he beaten, Clotty? Thurman after Thurman’s 2 year layoff &Bradley after he initially lost to him. Remember, I told you guys Ugas would pull a Buster Douglas in terms of shock factor.
                    Keep crying as your coward lover will never be as great as Pac. Even his fellow great boxers like Tyson, Muhammad, Hopkins and many others has Pac ahead of Floyd for TBE and the GOAT standing. That's what matter the most. Your opinion and Floyd lovers opinion not even worth a ****.
                    Last edited by whirlwind; 08-24-2021, 04:41 AM.
                    Rec28 Rec28 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X