Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford-Porter: WBO Orders September 2 Purse Bid, To Stream Live On Its Facebook Page

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Crawford-Porter: WBO Orders September 2 Purse Bid, To Stream Live On Its Facebook Page

The most anticipated purse bid of the year will take place in front of a live audience. Unable to reach terms or even allow for talks to progress beyond the preliminary stage, the ordered World Boxing Organization (WBO) welterweight title fight between Terence Crawford and Shawn Porter will be subjected to a purse bid hearing. The sanctioning body has set aside a date of September 2, 2021. BoxingScene.com has learned that the session will air live on the official Facebook page of the WBO, who will host the event remotely as conducted from its headquarters in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 08-23-2021, 11:19 AM.

Only way this fight happens is if pbc wins the bid.

Comment

This should be fun. Was hoping it would be sooner though.

Comment

Let's see what screws this fight up. Getting pessimistic these days. Oh tell me I'm wrong.

Comment

Thriller gonna be dropping that 12mil bid to secure the rights to dis doe

Comment

Purse bid gonna be canceled a day before the September 2.

Comment

Imagine the insane frothing at the mouth rabid outrage if Eddie Hearn bid and won the rights to that fight.
              GypsyTRAIN GypsyTRAIN likes this.

Comment

Have Bob Arum and Al Haymon publicly reveal the bids live on stage. Have them open a box like Deal or No Deal.

Comment

How does Porter stay relevant in the grand scheme off things

Comment

The beautiful things about this is whether Top Rank get Crawford a fight or not, they have to pay him his remaining 3 plus million left on his contract come October. If I was Crawford (or Porter), I'd let this go to purse bid...you know Haymon, Hearn & Triller will bid like crazy for this fight.

And Crawford will get paid twice, once from the purse bid winner (if it's not Top Rank) and second from Top Rank who has to honor the remaining financial of his contract once it expires in October.

Comment

Working...
                    X