Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: I'm A Little Bit Worried About Pacquiao; This Could Be It; Didn't Have Great Performance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roach: I'm A Little Bit Worried About Pacquiao; This Could Be It; Didn't Have Great Performance

LAS VEGAS - Freddie Roach is concerned about what he saw from Manny Pacquiao on Saturday night. Pacquiao ultimately will be the one to decide if he'll fight again, but his longtime trainer conceded following his loss to Yordenis Ugas that this might mark the end of the Filipino southpaw's storied career. The 42-year-old Pacquiao was competitive against Ugas, yet he didn't look like the same fighter that dropped and out-pointed an unbeaten Keith Thurman 25 months earlier.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hopefully he decides to retire. The guy gave it all 100%, I don't think we'll see another fighter like him in our lifetime. ATG for sure
    Mike D Mike D likes this.

Comment

He should take a soft touch, someone like Paulie or Robert Guerrero in the Philippines so he can go out on a win and then retire. Something tells me however that he's gonna overstay his welcome, like so many other greats. He still packs stadiums.
      Last edited by Biolink; 08-23-2021, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Freddie, just tell him you think he's finished, and you'll no longer train him! I think he'll listen to you!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          Freddie, just tell him you think he's finished, and you'll no longer train him! I think he'll listen to you!
          I think he did that and manny kicked him to the curve lol

Comment

Pac has one more big payday left in him. Either he fights Khan or another Brit either in the Philippines or the UK. Too many financially depend on him and he won't make that bulk of money anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by The tucker View Post

I think he did that and manny kicked him to the curve lol
              We shall see. If Roach keeps training him, and Manny gets seriously hurt, that will haunt Roach forever, and it should too!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                It’s not Freddy it’s buboy that needs to tell him

Comment

Personally I think Ugas trained a full camp for Manny. I also dont buy the BS leg cramps excuse or that Manny is old. It was Ugas Jab that prevented Manny from moving. 1 thing that was apparent was Mannys lack of head and upper body movement.

Comment

Manny looked so vulnerable this past Saturday and, if his team really cared about him, they would've scraped the fight or taken a lesser opponent. Ugas is a style nightmare for many, mainly because he works behind the jab by all means....and his defense is exceptional. The size difference. The risk vs reward. It was all wrong for Manny and I blame his team.

When I saw Manny stuck on the outside (because of Ugas's jab) and blocking/getting hit with the same right hand repeatedly, I knew it was over. His feet were so far apart and he was lunging inside...reminded me of the Floyd and Broner fights. He looked out of depths.

Ugas had NOTHING to lose and Manny had one or two fights left in the tank, at best...maybe a top 5 guy and showcase bout/retirement bout for his troubles. I honestly expected for the Spence fight to be too much for him and him possibly taking a B-c level guy afterwards to call it a career.
                    Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X