Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mark Magsayo: Hopefully My Next Fight is a World Title Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mark Magsayo: Hopefully My Next Fight is a World Title Shot

T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas - In a star-making performance, Mark "Magnifico" Magsayo (23-0, 16 KOs) of the Philippines scored a spectacular knockout of Julio Ceja (32-5-1, 28 KOs), putting the former world champion away in the 10th round of their WBC featherweight title eliminator.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The KO was a thing of beauty, coming to it was a war. That was an old, bloated Ceja too and his fourth KO loss. Mango isn't ready, but he may be peaking. He gets hit with rights and lefts and uppers and hatchets, head and body. Navarrete is a nghtmare compared to Ceja, I can't see Mangsayo coming to the same conclusion there.

Comment

That was an impressive comeback though.

Magsayo looked finished -- then turned it all around.

You don't see that everyday.

Comment

Filipino punching power remains impressive

Comment

He got Deontay Wilder lucky with that RH, leading up to that he was getting broken down, was looking one dimensional, and every time he took that left to the body he looked like he was going to fold. It was a good comeback late KO after being dominated for most of the fight, but not ready or deserving of any title shot.

Comment

The guy fades like he is in his mid 30s. Need to work on his stamina.

Comment

Magsayo vs Rey Vargas for Gary's 126 WBC Belt is a great fight, Gary moving up I think he said in a recent interview

I like Magsayo, if he adds a consistent Jab he will be World Champion and MORE!

Comment

Just got lucky in there as he supposed to lose in decision. His style wont win any world championship. Need to change this Freddy Roach as he seems too old now to be competitive as trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                  Magsayo vs Rey Vargas for Gary's 126 WBC Belt is a great fight, Gary moving up I think he said in a recent interview

I like Magsayo, if he adds a consistent Jab he will be World Champion and MORE!
                  I hope GRJ is fighting Tank! I've been wanting to see that for a long time now!

sicko sicko likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                    Filipino punching power remains impressive
                    Filipino defense, not so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X