Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Victor Ortiz: The Media Retired Me; I Never Left; We're Back For The Decade

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Victor Ortiz: The Media Retired Me; I Never Left; We're Back For The Decade

LAS VEGAS - Victor Ortiz made it clear after a press conference Thursday that he never retired from boxing. The former WBC welterweight champion will end a 3 1/2 -year layoff Saturday night, but Ortiz insists he knew all along that he would return to the ring. The 34-year-old Ortiz will finally fight again when he encounters Robert Guerrero in the 10-round co-feature on the Manny Pacquiao-Yordenis Ugas undercard at T-Mobile Arena.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Ortiz like Guerrero, like Alexander is here for a Haymon hand out nothing more. The talent pool is shrinking, Spence is fading fast due to injury, Danny Garcia can't win a meaningful fight to save his life. Nobody is clamoring for a Porter fight, Plant is gonna get the snot beat out of him. The Charlos are looking more ordinary each fight out. PBC would be wise to stop handing out checks for fights nobody is asking for. FOX numbers are crashing, Davis PPV numbers are not increasing and far from impressive, Showtime is turning to Jake Paul.
    Richie_R Richie_R likes this.

Comment

Ortiz is such a cheeseball. Amazing how many opportunities he gets.

Comment

He should fight Thurman next after he crushes Guerrero

Comment

I hope he quits again

Comment

Ortiz was so courageous and really gave it his all when he beat Berto. And then there were those losses to Maidana and Lopez, where his heart to fight was questioned.

Guerrero had a couple of good wins back then too. I hope they make some good money for this fight, whether they continue boxing after this or not.

Comment

Victor Ortiz vs Robert Guerrero on a PPV undercard in 2021.

That’s the state of Boxing.
              eco1 eco1 likes this.

Comment

I can’t believe he lost to Collazo.

Lopez is tough, but still, he should have won that too.

He should not have lost to Berto in the rematch either. He dominated him in their first fight.

One of the worst downward spirals in recent years.

Comment

Comment

The decade???

giphy.gif

Comment

Working...
                    X