Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Callum Johnson vs. Marko Nikolic Set For Edwards-Mama Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Callum Johnson vs. Marko Nikolic Set For Edwards-Mama Card

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT STAR Callum Johnson makes his return to the ring on the undercard of Sunny Edwards' first defence of his IBF world flyweight title at the Copper Box Arena on Saturday September 11, live on BT Sport.
    [Click Here To Read More]

That sounds like such a classic Frank Warren opponent

Comment

Johnson's career still wasting away

Comment

Terrible match up. Joe Gallagher poisoned his brain and got him thinking he was worth more than he is. Now he's with Warren and thinks it's a good move? He should have ditched Joe and stayed with Matchroom. The better opportunities would open up eventually. Not now though. It's dudes from former Yugoslav countries all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
          Johnson's career still wasting away
          At least he’s active but yeah another sh**ty opponent. I’m hoping the end game is Johnson vs the Arthur-Yarde 2 winner, but it seems 2021 will be yet another wasted year for Johnson.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post
            Terrible match up. Joe Gallagher poisoned his brain and got him thinking he was worth more than he is. Now he's with Warren and thinks it's a good move? He should have ditched Joe and stayed with Matchroom. The better opportunities would open up eventually. Not now though. It's dudes from former Yugoslav countries all the way.
            Matchroom weren’t offering him fights they froze him out. I know for a fact Buatsi’s team turned down a Johnson fight and then Matchroom just shelved him. What was Callum meant to do? Just sit around doing nothing?

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

Matchroom weren’t offering him fights they froze him out. I know for a fact Buatsi’s team turned down a Johnson fight and then Matchroom just shelved him. What was Callum meant to do? Just sit around doing nothing?
              How do you know that?
              I think I saw an interview where Hearn said he had made an offer but Joe Gallagher didn’t counter back, and not even responded?

Liam and Callum Smith have both left Gallagher’s stable too which shows he may have been turning down fights on behalf of his boxers?

Comment

The One? The wasted one more like.
                Is this guy ever going to step up? He's 35 already!

Comment

Originally posted by JayCho View Post

How do you know that?
                  I think I saw an interview where Hearn said he had made an offer but Joe Gallagher didn’t counter back, and not even responded?

Liam and Callum Smith have both left Gallagher’s stable too which shows he may have been turning down fights on behalf of his boxers?
                  From a fighter who trains with Johnson. It was going to be a co-main on a Sky PPV, might have been Whyte-Povetkin, anyway Buatsi’s team turned it down. In fairness, Buatsi probably isn’t ready for that type of matchup yet.

I wouldn’t believe a word of Hearn’s spiel, Johnson and Joe both wanted the Buatsi fight. I’m sure Matchroom pulled some sh** on Johnson which cancelled his EBU title fight too, I can’t remember exactly what it was, but it was something along the lines of a purse reduction based on ticket sales or some sh** like that. Might have my wires crossed there but I’m sure it was Johnson, and they had to reschedule it and put it on a PPV card instead which was eventually cancelled due to the pandemic.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

He was offered fights but they didn't want a pay cut. Joe Gallagher prattling on about sky cutting boxing money but not for football, and you don't see AJ taking a pay cut. Pretty sure AJ wouldn't have made the same against Pulev with 1000 fans as he does selling out big stadia. There was a pandemic, and all fighters were taking pay cuts. Yet Gallagher couldn't accept that for his fighters. He made a big deal about Natasha Jonas not getting as much as well so it wasn't just Johnson. Matchroom offered him a new contract and he rejected it simple as that, not frozen out. But they were overvaluing themselves.Now he's with Warren fighting Croation and Serbian bouncers and I'd be hugely surprised if he's earning more than he would at Matchroom.

Comment

Working...
                    X