Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Warren Discusses The Big Success of Team GB at Tokyo Olympics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frank Warren Discusses The Big Success of Team GB at Tokyo Olympics

I WOULD LIKE to start this week by offering up my congratulations to the Team GB Olympic boxing squad for their record medal haul at the Tokyo Games.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by Frank Warren
    If you go along with the theory that the strength of the heavyweight division represents the health of boxing overall in a nation, you would have to say that Britain is bouncing and in tip-top condition.
    I disagree, the HW division is the worst weight-class to measure the health of the sport. The corruption and lack of talent at HW, leaves the public finding more entertainment in twitter beefs, failed negotiations and promotional rivalries.

I can understand why Frank Warren is inclined to view the landscape in favor of the heavyweights, considering his ties to the biggest fraud in the history of the sport Tyson Fury and the punching-bag Joe Joyce. This division is shyte, it was and will always be poop.

Galal Yafai, is a glass-jaw bum who could not get clear wins over Shakhobidin Zoirov and Carlo Paalam in Tokyo. Galal Yafai, lucked-up a gold-medal, like Anthony Joshua. Gal Yafai's gifted trinket wont help promoting him, as he fights like that other English flyweight bum, Charlie Edwards.

Pat McCormack, wont go nowhere in the welterweight division, its a lost cause trying to compete with the Americans, hopefully retires early like Luke Campbell -- another overrated Olympic-Medalist from the UK.

Comment

I agree with Frank about ticket sellers. Ted Cheeseman is a gent and has sold me tickets to a few otherwise sold out shows.

1hourRun have you been smoking Dillians B-sample?

Comment

Snatch that talent up….go on frank old boy. Much success to the fighters from a sterling team
        Monty Fisto Monty Fisto likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by GlassJoey View Post
          I agree with Frank about ticket sellers. Ted Cheeseman is a gent and has sold me tickets to a few otherwise sold out shows.

1hourRun have you been smoking Dillians B-sample?

I cant believe this English-Bum Frazer Clarke, has over four losses to Joe Joyce in the amateurs, but manage to avenge a loss to Tony Yoka. Maybe I am high.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

I disagree, the HW division is the worst weight-class to measure the health of the sport. The corruption and lack of talent at HW, leaves the public finding more entertainment in twitter beefs, failed negotiations and promotional rivalries.

I can understand why Frank Warren is inclined to view the landscape in favor of the heavyweights, considering his ties to the biggest fraud in the history of the sport Tyson Fury and the punching-bag Joe Joyce. This division is shyte, it was and will always be poop.

Galal Yafai, is a glass-jaw bum who could not get clear wins over Shakhobidin Zoirov and Carlo Paalam in Tokyo. Galal Yafai, lucked-up a gold-medal, like Anthony Joshua. Gal Yafai's gifted trinket wont help promoting him, as he fights like that other English flyweight bum, Charlie Edwards.

Pat McCormack, wont go nowhere in the welterweight division, its a lost cause trying to compete with the Americans, hopefully retires early like Luke Campbell -- another overrated Olympic-Medalist from the UK.
            You seem to care more than most. I think it takes a certain grade of meaness of spirit to call an amateur boxer who has just won gold at the Olympics a glass-jaw bum. There are many, many things that weigh boxing down and one of them is the portion of fans that are so toxic in their views that they label anyone a bum the minute they lose. And then on another level there is you, calling a boxer a bum while they are still an amateur following their achievement of the highest honour available to an amateur. Well done. You're in a class of your own.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty Fisto View Post

You seem to care more than most. I think it takes a certain grade of meaness of spirit to call an amateur boxer who has just won gold at the Olympics a glass-jaw bum. There are many, many things that weigh boxing down and one of them is the portion of fans that are so toxic in their views that they label anyone a bum the minute they lose. And then on another level there is you, calling a boxer a bum while they are still an amateur following their achievement of the highest honour available to an amateur. Well done. You're in a class of your own.
              The average student of the game will come to the same conclusion after reviewing film of Gal Yafai's amateur career. Gal Yafai, is headed toward weight classes which are prone for high volume punchers with good chins, this is a debility for Gal Yafai's glass-jaw ; 112-115-118 are ground-zero for British boxers, their training is not rugged enough and as already mentioned Yafai has Amir Khan's punch resistance.

Gal Yafai's promoter should feed him a bunch of English-club fighters and faded contender and maybe even old former world-champions to pad is records, as they wait for the perfect cherry-pick, like how Charlie Edwards done it.

I think Frank Warren picked the HW as the measuring stick because nobody in Britain cared that Gal Yafai won a gold medal, the public would rather support the bum bronze-medalist Frazer Clarke -- Gal Yafai may even fight on his undercard one day.

Comment

Working...
              X