Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Promoter: If Ali Can Beat The Best at That Size - So Can Usyk!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Promoter: If Ali Can Beat The Best at That Size - So Can Usyk!

Alex Krassyuk, the promoter of former undisputed cruiserweight champion Oleksandr Usyk, is confident the boxing world will see a major upset next month, when his star fighter challenges WBO, IBF, WBA, IBO heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I think this is a bigger fight for Joshua than Usyck. Iss gonna be a stepping stone fight for Fury. Joshua outboxed ruiz but ruiz aint a boxer per se. Usyck will be a lot closer to Fury in a sense that theyll work their angles and work behind the jab. If joshua can outbox usyck i think he'll be perfect for Fury, more power and issa good boxer himself.

Comment

I'm worried for josh. I want Josh v fury still so hope Josh can beat usyk. But usyk worried me
      landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

stupid comment. during Ali's time the heavyweights were much smaller. it's not comparable.

Comment

Originally posted by paranoidandroid View Post
          stupid comment. during Ali's time the heavyweights were much smaller. it's not comparable.
          well from the sense that ali didnt have the same pop behind his punches and he looked relatively slim against the other heavyweights. Usyck as a hybrid cruiserweight will never have the same pop as the joshuas and wilders of the division. Same way that ali didnt have that same power like frazier,foreman, liston.

Comment

My only thought is that due to clauses & contracts it's as if only aj is alowed to fight the undesputed fight & nobody else.
            He doesn't deserve it, he & Wilder were happy to duck each other & box old men in 18, he's never boxed a top 2 heavyweight, got ktfo by non punching top 15 Ruiz who wanted undesputed with Wilder but rematch clause Edward & Aj blocked it.
            Now a Wilder rematch clause has blocked us getting undesputed this last weekend.
            Saying all that I'll be surprised if Fury turns up for his trilogy fight.

Imagine if a young Mike Tyson came bursting through the division today, 26 fight's in a year & a half would only be 4 fight's with today's promoter's.
            Even if he did rise the same the top 3 only fighting once a year with infinite not alowed to loose clauses would delay him again for year's.

This gen are a joke.
            GucciGod GucciGod likes this.

Comment

Let’s all hope that in this fight AJ doesn’t go to the extreme of the fighting style he used in Ruiz 2. That style is incredibly not fan friendly. It is effective, but we had to live through one Wlad and we don’t want another.

Comment

U kra i na u kra i na u kra i na
                BustedKnuckles BustedKnuckles likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyborg Fangerloo View Post
                  Let’s all hope that in this fight AJ doesn’t go to the extreme of the fighting style he used in Ruiz 2. That style is incredibly not fan friendly. It is effective, but we had to live through one Wlad and we don’t want another.
                  Thats what its gonna take though to beat fury. So its better that he gets used to a boxer than just another brawler.

Comment

Originally posted by Sayithowitisuk View Post
                    he's never boxed a top 2 heavyweight
                    You can keep on posting this. I'll keep reminding you that it's not true.

He and Klitschko were 1 and 2 with TBRB but Klitschko got removed due to Fury's stalling. Klitschko had a fight booked and should have remained in the rankings. And I'll add that Joshua should therefore be TBRB's lineal champion on that basis. They let themselves down with that call.

Ruiz was ranked 1 by TBRB in the rematch.

Plus he has been in the top 2 heavyweights most of that period. A top 2 fight would be for belts... and he's had all but one for a while now, hence a top 2 fight would have been for Undisputed. And he's the been the only one unifying and fighting mandatories to make that happen.
                    Slowhand Slowhand likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X