Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBA To Strip Brandon Figueroa Of Secondary Title Ahead of WBC/WBO Unification With Stephen Fulton

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: WBA To Strip Brandon Figueroa Of Secondary Title Ahead of WBC/WBO Unification With Stephen Fulton

Brandon Figueroa is one win away from unifying two titles in the 122-pound division. He will have to give up one belt in the moments leading to his physically pursuing that goal. In its continued efforts to consolidate the number of current titlists within its organization, the World Boxing Association (WBA) informed Figueroa (22-0-1, 17KOs) of its intention to strip the unbeaten Texan of the WBA "World" junior featherweight belt heading into his next bout. Figueroa is due to face Philadelphia's Stephen Fulton (19-0, 8KOs) in a WBC/WBO title unification bout on September 18, live on Showtime from Park MGM in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

So they're just going to slowly strip people of the meaningless belts for every upcoming fight?

Slowly trying to save face piece by piece.

Just dumpster them all and then we'll talk.
    jonnyc420 jonnyc420 likes this.

Comment

If they're going to take away his belt outside the ring then Figueroa should ask for a refund for the WBA belt fee

Comment

How about Davis meaningless belt? He is not going anywhere near Taylor. He went up for a house fighter with little to lose and whose corner was more concerned about combing his hair. How about LSC? When was the last time he defended his belt? Funny how they aren't after bigger fish. Haymon can only afford to keep those straps on his favs. PPVs are barely selling, FOX card numbers are dropping big time. Showtime numbers are in the toilet with trash commentary WBA continues the corruption, this simply smoke and mirrors strip a few guys amd pretend they are making a change. This s**t is disgusting.
        Ray* Ray* likes this.

Comment

Strip a fake title....ok.......
          Ray* Ray* likes this.

Comment

This would be a good step if I wasn't so sure they're just going to crown another Regular or Interim champ in a vacant title fight between two guys that don't deserve it.

Comment

I love how they are stripping the easy targets, how about stripping Trevor Bryan (Don King fighter), or those PBC big names?
              Rodtang Rodtang likes this.

Comment

While taking away a belt, you'd think out of respect, they'd at least give them something for it. Say $10K or something for going through their program. Kind of a buy back, take it or leave it. The boxer wouldn't complain so much then. And we wouldn't feel so sorry for them. But that's how cheap the WBA is. If they did that it would go a lot smoother.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
                  How about Davis meaningless belt? He is not going anywhere near Taylor. He went up for a house fighter with little to lose and whose corner was more concerned about combing his hair. How about LSC? When was the last time he defended his belt? Funny how they aren't after bigger fish. Haymon can only afford to keep those straps on his favs. PPVs are barely selling, FOX card numbers are dropping big time. Showtime numbers are in the toilet with trash commentary WBA continues the corruption, this simply smoke and mirrors strip a few guys amd pretend they are making a change. This s**t is disgusting.
                  This right here. They're picking the easy targets with no leverage to their name to make it look like they're holding their word. Davis and LSC are the main two I'm looking at as this goes on. The WBA let them fight for titles in two divisions. Pac and LSC have had their titles for about the same time, but Pac got screwed over for inactivity while LSC still has his and has had it collecting dust for just as long. That says enough.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
                    This would be a good step if I wasn't so sure they're just going to crown another Regular or Interim champ in a vacant title fight between two guys that don't deserve it.
                    Yeah, their use of the term "vacant" (no longer occupied) infers that the actual title will still exist. The analogy I think of is: the local housing authority is looking into me because I have a slum house that people are living in. I kick the occupants out but rather than demolish the slum house, I just keep it "vacant" until the local authorities are no longer scrutinizing my shady activity.

Comment

Working...
                    X