Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford-Porter: PBC, Top Rank Don't Expect To Reach Deal, WBO Purse Bid To Be Called

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Crawford-Porter: PBC, Top Rank Don't Expect To Reach Deal, WBO Purse Bid To Be Called

A purse bid apparently will be required if Terence Crawford and Shawn Porter are to meet next in what, at least on paper, would be Crawford's toughest welterweight fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 08-17-2021, 12:57 PM.
    Fists_of_Fury Fists_of_Fury likes this.

Heard Crawford’s interview on teddy Atlas podcast and he didn’t sound too excited to fight Porter.

i doubt the fight can be made. Top rank want to pay dollar store prices for mega fights.

Comment

Will be interesting to see how this unfolds. Sounds like the two promotions aren't too keen to work jointly, the purse bid will let us know how much they each want this fight. Get your popcorn ready.

Comment

Originally posted by PRchamp View Post
        Heard Crawford’s interview on teddy Atlas podcast and he didn’t sound too excited to fight Porter.

i doubt the fight can be made. Top rank want to pay dollar store prices for mega fights.
        Purse bid. Let’s see if pbc wins or triller comes in big.

Crawford had to be pissed because this makes him look insignificant.

Comment

Boss move by Pbc,but I'm not sure if Bob cares too much because Buds contract is almost up & he said he doesn't want to finance his Omaha shindigs anymore?

Comment

Nice. Looking forward to people complaining regardless of who wins the bid lol.

Comment

Let the fight go to the highest bidder, that's fine by me.

All that matters is that the fight gets made. And neither guy should even think about pulling out.

Comment

Bob isn't putting up big money for this unless Bud signs an extension. This was always heading towards a purse bid...Let's see if DAZN and possibly Triller want to get in the mix.

But with Canelo/Plant going in November, this will have to be a December PPV. Will be interesting to see who wins the bid and how much they bid for the fight.
                champion4ever champion4ever likes this.

Comment

Really want to see this fight as the co-main event of a Jake Paul fight. Get the Paul brothers fighting more often and raise the profile of boxers like Crawford and Porter. They need it badly.
                  Fact Fact likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                    Bob isn't putting up big money for this unless Bud signs an extension. This was always heading towards a purse bid...Let's see if DAZN and possibly Triller want to get in the mix.

But with Canelo/Plant going in November, this will have to be a December PPV. Will be interesting to see who wins the bid and how much they bid for the fight.
                    I can foresee a situation where pbc wins the bid but with an amount that "No Pay Cut Crawford" doesn't want to move forward on.

Comment

Working...
                    X