Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Leigh Wood Targets Emanuel Navarrete, Inks Pact With Eddie Hearn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Leigh Wood Targets Emanuel Navarrete, Inks Pact With Eddie Hearn

WBA "regular" featherweight world champion Leigh Wood has signed a multi-fight promotional deal with Eddie Hearn's Matchroom Boxing. Wood (25-2, 15 KOs) stopped Xu Can in the 12th and final round to claim the WBA World Title in a big upset at the top of the bill on the first week of Matchroom Fight Camp in Brentwood, Essex last month.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Navarrete? Hmmm....

Comment

Matchroom and TR making a unification fight? I won't hold my breath

Comment

Wood v Galahad seems more realistic.

Comment

I was impressed with Leigh, which to be honest I haven't been before. He'll have to turn in the same quality to beat Xu in the rematch.

Comment

Using Navarrete name for hype. Wood Galahad Warrington Dogboe are domestic brit bums.

Comment

Originally posted by TinAgeOfBoxing View Post
              Using Navarrete name for hype. Wood Galahad Warrington Dogboe are domestic brit bums.
              Dogboe isn't British you plum.

And it's impossible to use Navarrete's name for hype as no one knows who the f3ck he is. And why would they?

And don't forget, Navarrete's biggest win is Dogboe. If Dogboe is nothing but a domestic level fighter, what makes Navarrete a world class fighter? Isn't he just a "Domestic level fighter" too until proven otherwise?

Use your brain in future if it's possible. If not, get your carer to write something that makes sense so as not to look silly.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                Matchroom and TR making a unification fight? I won't hold my breath
                With the way the WBA has been ordering fights I expect them to order Wood to go slap up on Conlan eventually.

But yeah Wood ain't fighting Navarrete.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post

Dogboe isn't British you plum.

And it's impossible to use Navarrete's name for hype as no one knows who the f3ck he is. And why would they?

And don't forget, Navarrete's biggest win is Dogboe. If Dogboe is nothing but a domestic level fighter, what makes Navarrete a world class fighter? Isn't he just a "Domestic level fighter" too until proven otherwise?

Use your brain in future if it's possible. If not, get your carer to write something that makes sense so as not to look silly.
                  Is he any less British than Joshua Buatsi?

Dogboe could have competed for the British Olympic team but they didn't want him at the time apparently?

Seems like a Lennox Lewis type situation almost.

I'm not trying to be a dick but just curious why you say that.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post

Is he any less British than Joshua Buatsi?

Dogboe could have competed for the British Olympic team but they didn't want him at the time apparently?

Seems like a Lennox Lewis type situation almost.

I'm not trying to be a dick but just curious why you say that.
                    I don't consider Buatsi as British. He was born and raised in Ghana. He's a British citizen as he came over here before he hit his teens. But i consider him to be 100% Ghanaian.

Don't know much about the Olympic situation. But we're only allowed one representation for each weight class so it could be a case of there being someone who had a higher ranking being picked to represent team GB. I'd have to look into that.

Lennox did the right thing in representing Canada. They're the ones who put in all the work with him. Had he then have gone off to represent another country, i wouldn't see that as being right.

Your post didn't come across in any way as being a d1ck. Don't worry.
                    YoungManRumble YoungManRumble likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X