Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cassius Chaney Decisions Winters, Richie Rivera Gets KO Win in One

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Cassius Chaney Decisions Winters, Richie Rivera Gets KO Win in One

Undefeated heavyweight Cassius "C.O.G." Chaney (21-0, 14 KOs), promoted by Maun Events, won a 10-round unanimous decision over game Shawndell Terell Winters (13-6, 12 KOs), a former NAB heavyweight champion, in the main event.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I was at this card - here's some thoughts.

Chaney is nothing special whatsoever, he is slow and plodding and didn't let his hands go very much. I actually scored it 7-3 in favor of Winters, with one round being particularly close. I scored it such because Winters was the effective aggressor, often trapping Chaney along the ropes and getting off in combinations. He did better work on the inside, similar to his fight with Joseph Parker. His downfall is he's essentially a cruiserweight so he couldn't hurt the 264 pound Chaney. While scoring the fight I made note to myself that IF a judge wanted to give rounds to Chaney it would be because he'd land one, maybe two good right hands. It seems the only rounds the judges gave Winters were the ones where Chaney did not land a single meaningful blow, but if he did then they gave it to Chaney.

Richie Rivera is a local guy and though his Popeye the Sailor bit isn't my thing, if he wants Badou Jack that'd be a good test. Couldn't make much of him from the < 1 round of action I saw.

Other than that, this card was meh. Glad I went because the fights are the fights, but not a particularly good night of boxing.

Comment

Working...
    X