Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Michel Rivera: Rolly Romero Hasn't Fought Anyone Any Good Since He Robbed Marinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Michel Rivera: Rolly Romero Hasn't Fought Anyone Any Good Since He Robbed Marinez

Michel Rivera (21-0) is still riding high following his 8th round knockout of Jon Fernandez on July 3rd in a Showtime televised bout. The fight was a WBA lightweight eliminator and Rivera hopes to fight for a world title sooner than later.
    [Click Here To Read More]

WBA, make it happen ASAP! Ellerbe, what's the hold up? Put Romero vs. Rivera on Tank's undercard!
    Since1976 Deleted Rodtang Rodtang like this.

Comment

"He is a champion for a reason" says Rivera. Umm...he's not even close to being a champion, he has a pathetic WBA "Interim" Belt despite there already being 3 more "champions" in the same division from the same WBA. What a total joke boxing has become b/c of this garbage, these belts are less legit than the wrestling ones back in the territory days. "NWA Mid-Central States Heavyweight Champion". LOL. Even on this site, if you look at the rankings, they have the other 3 "champions" listed and they have this Rolly clown as #1 contender. Gimme a BREAK.
      Rodtang Rodtang likes this.

Comment

This is a logical next fight for both that will not happen.
        Since1976 Deleted Rodtang Rodtang like this.

Comment

I always find it funny when a fighter talks about a fight for a nonsensical belt saying "that belt will be mine ", and going on about how he needs to get his shot. If he won an eliminator then it should be to the actual champ which is Lopez. The fact Rivera is acting like this is his big shot makes me think he's basically been told that he's got Rolly next. I hope it happens though, it's a good fight at the right time for both fighters I feel.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post
            I always find it funny when a fighter talks about a fight for a nonsensical belt saying "that belt will be mine ", and going on about how he needs to get his shot. If he won an eliminator then it should be to the actual champ which is Lopez. The fact Rivera is acting like this is his big shot makes me think he's basically been told that he's got Rolly next. I hope it happens though, it's a good fight at the right time for both fighters I feel.
            What's not funny is how all these guys are saying "Why should I fight Haney?" Well, because he's the WBC Champion @ 135, that's why! KingRy, Jo Jo, and Rolly need to stop with the excuses!

Rodtang Rodtang isagj isagj like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              What's not funny is how all these guys are saying "Why should I fight Haney?" Well, because he's the WBC Champion @ 135, that's why! KingRy, Jo Jo, and Rolly need to stop with the excuses!

Well said. And they can't use excuse of the money not being there. Honeys time will come.

Comment

Working...
              X