Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz: After Second Round, I Had To Adjust and Fought More Intelligently

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz: After Second Round, I Had To Adjust and Fought More Intelligently

Vergil Ortiz Jr. (18-0, 18 KOs) retains his WBO International Welterweight Title and gets closer to a world title shot after his knock out defeat of the Lithuanian Egidijus "Mean Machine" Kavaliauskas (22-2-1, 18 KOs).
    [Click Here To Read More]

People gonna say Crawford would beat him based off this fight…I disagree. Tough to call Vergil is a BEAST his pressure is very effective and that jab is top notch. His power and speed would be a problem for Crawford I think he could knock TC out spectacularly. Not to say that’s assured but he definitely brings that threat

Comment

Originally posted by LAchargers373 View Post
      People gonna say Crawford would beat him based off this fight…I disagree. Tough to call Vergil is a BEAST his pressure is very effective and that jab is top notch. His power and speed would be a problem for Crawford I think he could knock TC out spectacularly. Not to say that’s assured but he definitely brings that threat
      It's not just this fight. Hooker's jab was landing a lot! In fact, Hooker's night ended with him breaking his hand on Vergil's head! However, Vergil is a beast! He responds well when he's hit. It's like a cornered animal that becomes very dangerous! His jab is developing beautifully! I think he should fight once more b4 Spence or Crawford!

Comment

This is the best time to fight Bud, because Vergil style would not last him in this game. Even if he loses it would not be a problem.

Comment

People are acting egis wasn’t landing on Terrence with the same amount of frequency

Comment

Originally posted by ramses07 View Post
            People are acting egis wasn’t landing on Terrence with the same amount of frequency
            He landed more on Crawford honestly.

Once Vergil settled down and just boxed behind his jab he started getting hit a lot less. Crawford was brawling with Mean Machine and while yes he won he took a lot of shots on the way there.
            Last edited by Dallas' 4 Eva; 08-16-2021, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Great fight, this was the one i was really looking forward to watching. Ortiz is legit but, after watching this fight 3 times, i can't see him beating Crawford. It would be an amazing fight if it ever happens. Not sure Ortiz beats Ennis but, i'd take him over Thurman,Spence or the older Manny (just to big for imho).

Comment

Working...
              X