Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBA To Order Gutierrez-Colbert Title Consolidation Fight, Begins Process To Phase Out Interim Belts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: WBA To Order Gutierrez-Colbert Title Consolidation Fight, Begins Process To Phase Out Interim Belts

On the heels of vowing to clean up its act, the World Boxing Association has taken a significant step forward. The Panama City-based sanctioning body continues to make good on its promise to phase out the number of secondary and interim titlists it has crowned over the years. The first step came with Saturday's edition of Showtime Championship Boxing, with the evening's chief support--a bantamweight bout between Gary Antonio Russell and Emmanuel Rodriguez--downgraded pre-fight from a WBA interim title fight to an official eliminator.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'm sure they'll only remove the interim titles but not the Regular...

Comment

Good first step! Long way to go!

Comment

Ooh, does this mean the WBA will pit all of its diversity hire pbc regular wba champions against the super wba champions?
        or are these consolidations only for interim belts or for fights that favor pbc?

If it looks like a cuck...
        Sorry WBA, thanks for playing.

Comment

Guiterrez fought the fight of his life back in January to win that title but last night he sucked and was lucky he didn’t lose. He didn’t get any better as champion.

Colbert is going to give him a beating..
          NachoMan NachoMan likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
            Guiterrez fought the fight of his life back in January to win that title but last night he sucked and was lucky he didn’t lose. He didn’t get any better as champion.

seriously. Both guttierrez and Alvarado are awful. I personally thought Alvarado won last night but both guys are among the weakest “champions” in the sport. This, of course, is the result of so many sanctioning bodies and belts.

Comment

Originally posted by thedarkdragon11 View Post
              I'm sure they'll only remove the interim titles but not the Regular...
              This article is claiming that the winner will be ordered to fight Davis, so we get just one champ, so hopefully that turns out to be the case. Not believing it just yet though lol.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post

I like Colbert so I hope so. Then let's have him fight Gervonta.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  Good first step! Long way to go!
                  Such a long looonnnggg way to go lol. Definitely good first step though.

Comment

Alas, the reign of Dubois will be short lived

Comment

Working...
                    X