Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz Survives Scare, Drops Kavaliauskas Five Times For Stoppage in Eight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz Survives Scare, Drops Kavaliauskas Five Times For Stoppage in Eight

By Jake Donovan - Vergil Ortiz Jr. remains a knockout every time out, and with his star power steadily on the rise. The fast-rising welterweight contender made it 18 knockouts in as many fights after breaking down two-time Olympian and former title challenger Egidijus Kavaliauskas. The 23-year-old Ortiz scored five knockdowns, four of which came in the fateful round eight in producing the stoppage at 2:59 of that frame in their DAZN main event Saturday evening on DAZN from the Ford Center at The Star in Frisco, Texas.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 08-14-2021, 11:45 PM.

Welterweight knockout sensation Vergil Ortiz, Jr. (17-0, 17 KOs) is set to defend his WBO International Welterweight Title against the fearless Egidijus “Mean Machine” Kavaliauskas (22-1-1, 18 KOs) in a 12-round bout live at the Ford Center at The Star in Frisco, Texas; streamed live on DAZN on Saturday, August 14. (photos by Stacey Snyder, Kevin Estrada)

Joining them, the co-main event fighters Roger “The Kid” Gutierrez (35-3-1, 20 KOs) will defend his WBA Super Featherweight World Championship against Rene “El Gemelo” Alvarado (32-9, 21 KOs) in a scheduled 12-round rematch. Their match has turned into a trilogy event and is the second opportunity Alvarado is seeking to recapture the world title for Nicaragua. Alvarado's twin brother, Felix “El Gemelo”Alvarado (36-2, 31 KOs) was also in attendance as he is set to fight Israel Vasquez (10-4-2, 7 KOs) in a 10-round flyweight event as the DAZN show opener.

Comment

Comment

Love Ortiz vs Kavaliauskas!!!!! This is why I'm a Boxing fan. I think Ortiz wins by TKO in round 8 or 9. Really hope Ortiz looks good and wins.

Comment

WAR Virgil !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KOVALEVKO View Post
            Love Ortiz vs Kavaliauskas!!!!! This is why I'm a Boxing fan. I think Ortiz wins by TKO in round 8 or 9. Really hope Ortiz looks good and wins.
            U think it will be that easy?

Comment

this is the fight I'm most looking forward to ortiz likes to bang and go toe to toe and kavaliauskas is a scrappy fighter who was giving crawford fits early on in their fight he dropped crawford as well. both guys have decent chins on them. this fight is the favorite to be the best fight of the night!

Comment

Think Ortiz by brutal KO between 5 and 7. Think Mean Machine will be competitive early but get bombed out in brutal fashion, might even be a stretchered out of the ring situation

Comment

Prelims are on Youtube (DAZN Boxing) right now.

Comment

8-0 Alex Rincon beats 11-3-2 Sonny Duversonne by wide UD in a step up fight, nice win for him, would like to see him against Quincy Lavallais

Comment

Working...
                    X