Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Rigondeaux-Casimero, Maestre-Fox, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Rigondeaux-Casimero, Maestre-Fox, More

The Daily Bread Mailbag returns with Stephen "Breadman" Edwards tackling topics such as the controversial decision between Gabriel Maestre and Mykal Fox, Manny Pacquiao vs. Yordenis Ugas, Guillermo Rigondeaux vs. John Riel Casimero, and more.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Michael Carbajal vs Humberto Gonzales was one of the best fights I have ever seen, a classic
    mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Terence Crawford is not the most ducked. Time to end that narrative now.

Shawn Porter, Keith Thurman, Yordenis Ugas, and Vergil Ortiz have all wanted to fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Terence Crawford is not the most ducked. Time to end that narrative now.

Shawn Porter, Keith Thurman, Yordenis Ugas, and Vergil Ortiz have all wanted to fight him.
        Those guys didn’t want it enough. The narrative continues.

Comment

Originally posted by Bundt View Post

Those guys didn’t want it enough. The narrative continues.
          Crawford outright told Vergil Ortiz that he should fight Mean Machine first.

But he's the most ducked, doe.

Comment

One thing I can count on, is breadman giving me a good laugh on Saturday mornings. Crawford most ducked, try Crawford ducks everyone, with Bobby leading the way, I mean, as we speak he's trying to avoid both Porter and Ortiz. GGG? A little, but I don't see it, if anything GGG has not been been anxious getting in with any of the top guys, and there's been opportunities, Guillermo, also maybe, more than the others I would say, breadman has forgotten about a man named Winky Right.... If you want to put names out there, how about Kotsa Tzu, or Edwin Valero, if I remember correctly no one was anxious about jumping in the ring with them. As far as Ortiz, and him being easy to figure out, you might figure him out, but it doesn't make it easy being in the ring with him and bombs coming your way, that in itself is not easy.
            aboutfkntime aboutfkntime likes this.

Comment

Breadman never answers my questions. Makes me sad.
              mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Bread was spot on with the most ducked fighters of the current era. Ggg was avoided by everyone until a welterweight in Brook had the balls to step up. Rigo was blatantly avoided, especially by Santa Cruz to the point that it was embarrassing. Even donaire was hesitant but he took the fight at the right time. Crawford is without a doubt avoided because not one elite fighter in his weight class has still been willing to step up. The only ones who will try to tell you otherwise are the typical canelo nut bag guzzler fanboys who somehow feel that acknowledging that Crawford is avoided is a betrayal of canelo, since most know that the only thing stopping Crawford from being #1 p4p is the fact that all of the credible welterweights won’t fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfield02 View Post
                  One thing I can count on, is breadman giving me a good laugh on Saturday mornings. Crawford most ducked, try Crawford ducks everyone, with Bobby leading the way, I mean, as we speak he's trying to avoid both Porter and Ortiz. GGG? A little, but I don't see it, if anything GGG has not been been anxious getting in with any of the top guys, and there's been opportunities, Guillermo, also maybe, more than the others I would say, breadman has forgotten about a man named Winky Right.... If you want to put names out there, how about Kotsa Tzu, or Edwin Valero, if I remember correctly no one was anxious about jumping in the ring with them. As far as Ortiz, and him being easy to figure out, you might figure him out, but it doesn't make it easy being in the ring with him and bombs coming your way, that in itself is not easy.
                  I think that GGG was ducked from 2012-2016 by top guys:

Sergio Martinez elected to fight Chavez Jr. around the time Golovkin made his HBO debut. I can’t fault Sergio for that but a GGG matchup was possible in 2013

Cotto and Canelo fought each other in 2015, and I don’t blame either but GGG was there in 2014, especially after Cotto beat Martinez

Billy Joe Saunders, Daniel Jacobs, Peter Quillin, and Felix Sturm also avoided GGG during that time, although Jacobs did eventually face him in 2017 in a fight that could have gone either way.

Now from 2018 until now, I agree that Golovkin doesn’t seem eager to face guys like Demetrius Andrade or Jermall Charlo.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
                    Bread was spot on with the most ducked fighters of the current era. Ggg was avoided by everyone until a welterweight in Brook had the balls to step up. Rigo was blatantly avoided, especially by Santa Cruz to the point that it was embarrassing. Even donaire was hesitant but he took the fight at the right time. Crawford is without a doubt avoided because not one elite fighter in his weight class has still been willing to step up. The only ones who will try to tell you otherwise are the typical canelo nut bag guzzler fanboys who somehow feel that acknowledging that Crawford is avoided is a betrayal of canelo, since most know that the only thing stopping Crawford from being #1 p4p is the fact that all of the credible welterweights won’t fight him.
                    Naw, I already named several fighters who expressed interest in fighting Dud.

If you say they wanted too much money that excuse won't work with Ugas who would have been happy to fight for the $2 million Porter didn't want.

Comment

Working...
                    X