Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Casimero Vows 'Great Performance' In Return To Dignity Health Sports Park

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Casimero Vows 'Great Performance' In Return To Dignity Health Sports Park

John Riel Casimero expects a more enthusiastic reception for his return to one of the sport's proudest venues. The three-division and reigning WBO bantamweight titlist puts his belt on the line versus lineal junior featherweight champion and active bantamweight Guillermo Rigondeaux this Saturday at Dignity Health Sports Park in Carson, California. The bout--which headlines a Showtime-televised tripleheader--marks the second defense of the WBO title he claimed in a third-round knockout of Zolani Tete in November 2019.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Casimero KO’s 40yr old Rigo out. Casimero only needs 1 punch

Comment

casimero looking for a headshot

Comment

Rigo by KO over 6.

rigo is undefeated at 122 and 118.

This KO will be reminiscent of the Rico Ramos fight.

nuff said.

Comment

Though i want Casimero to win but i have doubt. I feel Rigo is still capable of pulling an upset because of his sleak style. May the best man win...
          Last edited by Drigo; 08-13-2021, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Guillermo Rigondeaux vs John Riel Casimero

Scott Christ (42-13-3)

Casimero’s going to bring the fire, and it’s going to be his downfall. He will have good moments, and I honestly think this is going to be a good fight to watch — I know, it has Rigondeaux, but Casimero is a goofy level of aggressive and I don’t think he’s the type who’s going to get spooked by the laser left of the Cuban and avoid engaging after round three. Frankly, I think Nonito Donaire was a much better matchup stylistically — and certainly bigger for his career — for Casimero, and that their side really kinda screwed the pooch losing that fight with their bull****. Maybe I’ll be wrong, Rigondeaux is 40 years old and even great technicians meet their end eventually if they hang around long enough, but I’m taking the old man, and I think he’s going to get a stoppage when Casimero, trailing, runs into something. Rigondeaux TKO-10

Wil Esco (46-9-3)

I won’t pretend like I still don’t slightly begrudge Rigondeaux for that debacle against Lomachenko, but I’m not so scorned that I won’t acknowledge the man as being an all-time great technician. It’s precisely that technical acumen which has allowed Rigondeaux to sustain his professional career at age 40. Yes, Rigondeaux is old for a fighter, but he doesn’t have a ton of wear and tear thanks to his methodically deliberate style that can be as equally effective as it can be hard to watch. Casimero will come to bring the action though and it’s because he won’t be gun shy that I think he’ll present Rigo with the requisite opportunities to look flashy with sharp counters. I’m going to take Rigondeaux to take the fight on points. Rigodeaux-Donaire 2, anyone? Rigondeaux UD-12

Patrick L. Stumberg (45-10-3)

As a longtime Rigolucionary, I’d love nothing more than to see “El Chacal” starch Casimero and force Bob Arum to try and market him again for a potential undisputed clash with Naoya Inoue sometime next year. Honestly, I don’t think it’s beyond him; he’s not what he used to be, but he’s still absurdly slick at times and that left hand’s still a guided missile with a brick taped to the end. His better moments against Liborio Solis were enough to give me legitimate hope.

But Casimero’s younger than Solis, hits a hell of a lot harder, and proved his willingness to bull his way through a sharper technician’s return fire in his three-round destruction of Zolani Tete. I’m not convinced Rigondeaux can sap his will to press the action and I’m not convinced his 40-year-old legs can keep him out of the firing line. I expect Rigondeaux to hit the deck at least once, and while he’s far easier to hurt than to actually finish, Casimero figures to be the busier man by a solid margin. “Quadro Alas” sets the tone with an early knockdown and forces Rigondeaux to either retreat into his shell or go out on his shield in a doomed slugfest. Casimero UD-12

https://www.badlefthook.com/2021/8/1...xing-news-2021

Comment

I remember watching Rigondeaux & Donaire coming up to their huge fight & thinking, 'I'm betting on Rigo, he can win, I'll bet all I can afford', then I saw them together at weigh-in & thought 'don't be silly, Donaire is taller, stronger, younger, look how much better he looks. Rigo actually looks old & frail' so I didn't bet. Did I regret that?
              Weirdly, I don't think Guillermo looks any older or frailer now than he did then. Fool me once, shame on you.

Comment

I'd be surprised if this fight draws more than 2,000 fans in attendance.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Haymon View Post
                  I'd be surprised if this fight draws more than 2,000 fans in attendance.
                  And that has something to do with the fight result. Why?

Comment

this guy aint really good.. saw some clips of his training.

Comment

Working...
                    X