Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bernard Hopkins Suspicious & Skeptical Of Errol Spence's Eye Injury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bernard Hopkins Suspicious & Skeptical Of Errol Spence's Eye Injury

Bernard Hopkins fought as a professional boxer for 28 years and until he was a month shy of his 52nd birthday. The Hall of Fame fighter and former middleweight and light heavyweight champion Hopkins (55-8-2, 32 KOs) has pretty much seen and heard it all throughout his time in the sport, which nowadays also involves being a partner with Oscar De La Hoya's Golden Boy Promotions.
    [Click Here To Read More]

My suspicion is this is a delay to hype the fight cause the buyrate was gonna be below 500k making it financial suicide. I believe this is for pac as long as stay alive againat ugas would get judges decision winning belt back thus making the spence fight more hyped pac looks decent vs ugas then the layoff factor would be mute as well thus hyping the pac vs spence fight making it finally sale above 500k break even or make profit and pass the torch to spence if front of alot of viewers. If your retina already getting detached just wait til get hit by the likes of canelo ggg
    AeroED AeroED likes this.

Comment

If there is a plot, it's a scheme hide the severity of the damage. Spence won't say if he needs a seeing eye dog, and he's leaving a small fortune on the table. They make out like he'll be right back. Harry Grebb died from eye surgery.

Comment

Hopkins is a thinker. Cerebral.

I think what Hopkins is insinuating is that we really don't know whats the story behind the injury. Was it intentional (self-inflicted?), was it from sparring even though with headgear? was it from the accident even though he was cleared to fight danny?

Or is it all of the above?

I think he's really just disappointed on the matter, especially on Spence. The biggest fight in boxing, which would've really help the industry, was gone overnight.
        People have so many questions and not many answers aside from a vague pic with no context or reason for why a big fight like that was cancelled.

Comment

BHop is right. It’s almost a certainty that they made up this excuse to get out of the fight. They even put out some strange YouTube video with that Dr discussing Spence’s injury claiming he wasn’t ducking. I don’t know the reason. Maybe it was Spence who lost his confidence or Al Haymon not wanting to sacrifice Spence. But they got out of this fight. I guess they needed something more than just COVID because that would just delay the fight and what they needed was to get out of the fight completely.

Comment

None of us know for sure but I find it hard to believe ANYONE would turn down a fight with an EXTREMELY FAMOUS boxer like Pac and giv up all that money. That said, if they showed us pictures of his torn retina, we’d say, “ prove thats his eye”. IF they showed us a scan of his eye we’d say, “prove thats his eye”. If the doctor who did the surgery said he did the surgery we’d say, “prove it was u who did he surgery”!
            Their is nothing in this world that can prove ANYTHING. ITS ALL FAKE NEWS. Welcome to the new American.

Comment

This the same Bernard Hopkins that faked an injury to get out of fighting Chad Dawson the first time....the same Bernard Hopkins ehongot KTFO by Joe Smith and pretended it was an injury.....yeah I'll believe him gtfoh

Comment

Unless proven otherwise, I'll assume that Spence' eye injury is legit.

But Bhop has a point. The whole thing happened too fast. And them not being able to state how the injury happened is pretty suspicious.

My guess is they knew about the injury way before they pulled out Spence. They were hoping that Spence would be fit enough for the fight. Ugas was going to be plan B.

Less than 2 weeks before the fight, Spence was obviously not fit enough so they went with their plan B.

The question is how long did they know about the injury. Because if they knew it before Manny was stripped and Ugas was made super champ, then that's some shady **** right there.
                El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

BHop make sense I doubt about that injury, Spence is not the truth.
                  Joeboxeo Joeboxeo likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post
                    None of us know for sure but I find it hard to believe ANYONE would turn down a fight with an EXTREMELY FAMOUS boxer like Pac and giv up all that money. That said, if they showed us pictures of his torn retina, we’d say, “ prove thats his eye”. IF they showed us a scan of his eye we’d say, “prove thats his eye”. If the doctor who did the surgery said he did the surgery we’d say, “prove it was u who did he surgery”!
                    Their is nothing in this world that can prove ANYTHING. ITS ALL FAKE NEWS. Welcome to the new American.
                    Pretty much.
                    But I think boxing fans are just toxic, this ain't a American problem.

If this wàs MMA everyone would be disappointed but showing love.

In MMA there have been instances of weird timing and bad luck of injuries stopping big fights from happening, I never saw anything close to what is boxing fans do
                    ajamudc ajamudc mgame mgame like this.

Comment

Working...
                    X