Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Franco: Weird That The Team Will Be Split Up... Vergil And I Are Both Going To Handle Our Business

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Franco: Weird That The Team Will Be Split Up... Vergil And I Are Both Going To Handle Our Business

Under normal circumstances, Joshua Franco and Vergil Ortiz Jr. will be in the same building along with the rest of their team. That won't be the case this weekend, as the training, managerial and promotional stablemates find themselves on shows in separate stops and on rival platforms. Ortiz will enjoy a hometown headliner in a welterweight crossroads bout with Egidijus 'Mean Machine' Kavaliauskas live on DAZN from Ford Center at The Star in Frisco, Texas. At approximately the same time, San Antonio's Franco will be four hours north in Tulsa, Oklahoma for a third bout with Andrew Moloney which airs live on ESPN.
    [Click Here To Read More]

How does a trainer decide who's corner to be in if he has 2 fighters entering the ring at the same time?
    Bornboxingfan Bornboxingfan likes this.

Comment

I hope you get knocked out cold. Talking about your eye got swollen by a headbutt when it got jabbed shut.
      Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post
        How does a trainer decide who's corner to be in if he has 2 fighters entering the ring at the same time?
        They probably know Ortiz is gonna handle business with a KO and this Franco kid was having major problems with Maloney before he got the gift call.

Comment

They chose the better fighter

Comment

Originally posted by Zodogg View Post

They probably know Ortiz is gonna handle business with a KO and this Franco kid was having major problems with Maloney before he got the gift call.
            Originally posted by Luilun View Post
            They chose the better fighter
            Robert Garcia is going to be in Franco's corner.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Robert Garcia is going to be in Franco's corner.
              That's what I didnt understand. I wouldve figured Garcia wouldve stuck with the bigger name fighter in the bigger fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post
                That's a big problem for small time trainer. This shows a well developed team can and should be able
                to carry on with business as usual like any big corp. I was surprised Robert was headed with franco
                but it makes sense. Franco in 2nd fight is starting to look unsteady. While Vergil is well rounded
                fighter who only recently added Robert Garcia to team. His father was handling his corner until
                taking a step back to further sons career with Robert's team.
                Get em up Get em up likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bornboxingfan View Post

That's a big problem for small time trainer. This shows a well developed team can and should be able
                  to carry on with business as usual like any big corp. I was surprised Robert was headed with franco
                  but it makes sense. Franco in 2nd fight is starting to look unsteady. While Vergil is well rounded
                  fighter who only recently added Robert Garcia to team. His father was handling his corner until
                  taking a step back to further sons career with Robert's team.
                  Plus they sent Robert's dad Big G to be in Vergil's corner. He's just as good and experienced as Robert.
                  Bornboxingfan Bornboxingfan likes this.

Comment

It makes sense for Robert to go with Franco considering it is a title fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X