Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bellew: Usyk is 'Best Natural Boxer' That Joshua Will Ever Face

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bellew: Usyk is 'Best Natural Boxer' That Joshua Will Ever Face

Former two division champion Tony Bellew believes Oleksandr Usyk is the "best boxer" that Anthony Joshua is ever going to face in his career. Joshua will defend his WBO, IBF, WBA, IBO titles against Usyk, a mandatory challenger, on September 25 at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Arguably, yes.

But he isn't a natural super-heavyweight. These natural heavyweights have pushed the boundary up higher and higher where 14st 4lb is a tiny heavyweight nowadays. I mean, there is a reason that Heavyweights shouldn't be in the P4P rankings because we all know, most of the time, its about raw power and not finesse.

I like Usyk but I can see him losing here, quite early....and even though I'm a Joshua fan, I think we are going to see a controversial referee stoppage.
    GypsyTRAIN GypsyTRAIN likes this.

Comment

Maybe

although Fury can do a lot more, if they ever fight

Can Usyk switch hit? No. Can he fight inside? No.

Fury can fight inside, outside, forwards, backwards, orthodox, southpaw, you name it. It’s proven.

Usyk might look a bit more fluid because he’s a smaller man but he still very much has the holes in his game that a lot of top amateurs do, I.e no inside game at all.

Fury has more strings to his bow in terms of overall skill set, and that’ll be the case should AJ fight him.

I still think Usyk beats AJ anyway.

Comment

That settled it then skills pay blls mostly.
        But come on Josh you can beat the bogeyman

Comment

Negative, that distinction falls to Fury, who is far better with foot and head movement.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
            Negative, that distinction falls to Fury, who is far better with foot and head movement.
            I´ll have to disagree a bit, Usyk has better wheels but Fury´s upper body/head movement more than make up for that. When a 6´9 boxer leans back you need to throw rocks to hit him.
            Tecnoworld Tecnoworld likes this.

Comment

People are under the mistaken impression that Usyk is a heavyweight Lomachenko.

He's not.
              Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 08-13-2021, 01:58 PM.
              GucciGod GucciGod likes this.

Comment

Maybe Bellowww can show AJ how to spread them legs for Usyk.

Comment

Fury is a better natural boxer imho. Usyk is very good, very technical, but he's not "natural" in the sense that he's like a very intelligent student who studies a lot, while Fury is a gifted, but unpredictable, natural genius.
                  Last edited by Tecnoworld; 08-12-2021, 06:37 AM.

Comment

This is a bigger threat to Joshua than people are anticipating. The only advantages that Joshua has over Usyk is size & power. Every other aspect of boxing skill and most importantly heart, goes to Usyk. Well I also guess that Joshua has an advantage being the A side, so judges may help him out if the fight goes 12.

Comment

Working...
                    X