Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz: If I Was To Get Crawford Next, Fight With Mean Machine Still Puts Me On That Path

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz: If I Was To Get Crawford Next, Fight With Mean Machine Still Puts Me On That Path

Vergil Ortiz ended his last fight with a knockout win and in hopes of next facing Terence Crawford, the unbeaten welterweight titlist who had a ringside view for the occasion.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Excellent choice for "next fight" for Ortiz. A convincing win puts him in line for a title shot imo.

Comment

This weekend's fights are better than next weekend's fights...and no PPV!
      nino brown21 nino brown21 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        This weekend's fights are better than next weekend's fights...and no PPV!
        Yeah not a bad weekend for fights.
        factsarenice factsarenice likes this.

Comment

Both of these guys have a style that would give any conventional boxer problems. similarly they are both strong power punchers that plod inside and rip until they eventually brake their opponent down. Kavaliauskas walks straight in with quick hands and a right hand with power. Ortiz seems to be a better version, he has a tighter, higher guard and a more rounded offensive selection.

For as long as it lasts (which may not be long) this fight could be a Gatti vs Micky Ward thriller.

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
            Both of these guys have a style that would give any conventional boxer problems. similarly they are both strong power punchers that plod inside and rip until they eventually brake their opponent down. Kavaliauskas walks straight in with quick hands and a right hand with power. Ortiz seems to be a better version, he has a tighter, higher guard and a more rounded offensive selection.

For as long as it lasts (which may not be long) this fight could be a Gatti vs Micky Ward thriller.
            If it's a small percentage of Ward/Gatti we are in for quite a treat. Honestly Ward/Gatti 1 is probably my favorite fight of all time. I still watch it with interest and excitement
            LA_2_Vegas LA_2_Vegas likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post

I'm interested to see if Vergil's defense improved? Hooker was landing too easily for my taste! Kava is not a blown up Jr. WW!

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post

If it's a small percentage of Ward/Gatti we are in for quite a treat. Honestly Ward/Gatti 1 is probably my favorite fight of all time. I still watch it with interest and excitement
                I like Zab Judah vs. Micky Ward, June 1998! Zab boxed beautifully! Brooklyn Stand Up!

Comment

Terrence Bud Crawford, is sooooo over rated

Comment

He's not getting Crawford.

Crawford isn't interested in fighting anyone that's any challenge to him, unless it is forced by the WBO.

He wasn't even going to fight Porter and was completely content fighting some nobody until the WBO issued the order.

And no, even with Virgil being rated 1 by the WBO, Crawford still wouldn't fight him (just like Porter) unless the WBO ordered it.

Comment

Working...
                    X