Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wardley Feels Usyk is Having Tougher Time Than Planned Adjusting To Heavyweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Wardley Feels Usyk is Having Tougher Time Than Planned Adjusting To Heavyweight

Undefeated heavyweight contender Fabio Wardley is backing WBO, IBF, IBO, WBA heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua to overcome mandatory challenger Oleksandr Usyk on September 25 at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Skill wise Usyk is there but he's just too small to be in there with Joshua Wilder Fury.
    Get em up Get em up likes this.

Comment

Greater care in proof-reading articles before putting them online would be much appreciated. The sentence "The belief by many is that Usyk is blown-up heavyweight.", to take one example, is both missing a definite article (Usyk is a blown-up heavyweight) and exhibiting a misunderstanding of the expression "blown-up X". It should say "Usyk is a blown-up cruiserweight" - at least unlesse it is quoting someone who is making the mistake.

Comment

I’m surprised someone else mentioned AJ’s size advantage. It is something being largely ignored by his critics. I also see a lot of critics not actually understanding the concept of weight advantages in boxing. For example, I have seen posters say that AJ can have trouble with smaller fighters because look what Andy Ruiz did. Ruiz weighed in at 268lbs in the first fight, outweighing AJ who was 247lbs.

I think people who have no boxing experience of any capacity, like not even regular old sparring with no intentions of going pro, would not know about the effects of getting punched by someone who is 20-40lbs heavier than you. You will feel it. Guaranteed. It is absolutely a factor. There’s a point when someone is just too big for you in boxing. You get hit repeatedly by a bigger man, you can get concussed.

AJ needs to take his time, don’t bumrush Usyk. Let the KO happen by itself after rounds of jabbing and right hands. Apparently no one expects AJ to walk right through Usyk, and instead I see more predictions of Usyk KO’ing AJ. So AJ has nothing to prove with an early KO. Fans seem to not think too highly of him due to his loss to Ruiz. So he should chill and just let the KO happen or decision him.

AJ critics will talk sh.t regardless. Whether he: Wins by KO1, Losses by KO1, Wins by KO late, loses by KO late, Wins by KO in mid rounds, loses by KO in mid rounds, Wins a wide decision, wins a close decision, loses wide, loses close, loses by robbery, wins by robbery. Usyk wins by NC due to steroids, AJ wins by NC due to Usyk using steroids. Wins/losses by DQ, It won’t matter. His critics will be his critics regardless of the outcome. So he should just box smart and if the KO opportunity is there, then get it. He should not sweat this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          I’m surprised someone else mentioned AJ’s size advantage. It is something being largely ignored by his critics. I also see a lot of critics not actually understanding the concept of weight advantages in boxing. For example, I have seen posters say that AJ can have trouble with smaller fighters because look what Andy Ruiz did. Ruiz weighed in at 268lbs in the first fight, outweighing AJ who was 247lbs.

I think people who have no boxing experience of any capacity, like not even regular old sparring with no intentions of going pro, would not know about the effects of getting punched by someone who is 20-40lbs heavier than you. You will feel it. Guaranteed. It is absolutely a factor. There’s a point when someone is just too big for you in boxing. You get hit repeatedly by a bigger man, you can get concussed.

AJ needs to take his time, don’t bumrush Usyk. Let the KO happen by itself after rounds of jabbing and right hands. Apparently no one expects AJ to walk right through Usyk, and instead I see more predictions of Usyk KO’ing AJ. So AJ has nothing to prove with an early KO. Fans seem to not think too highly of him due to his loss to Ruiz. So he should chill and just let the KO happen or decision him.

AJ critics will talk sh.t regardless. Whether he: Wins by KO1, Losses by KO1, Wins by KO late, loses by KO late, Wins by KO in mid rounds, loses by KO in mid rounds, Wins a wide decision, wins a close decision, loses wide, loses close, loses by robbery, wins by robbery. Usyk wins by NC due to steroids, AJ wins by NC due to Usyk using steroids. Wins/losses by DQ, It won’t matter. His critics will be his critics regardless of the outcome. So he should just box smart and if the KO opportunity is there, then get it. He should not sweat this fight.
          This is exactly right ,however more then the weight of Ruiz it was also abilities to throw short counter combos in the pocket . Usyk won’t have that style nor ability to force AJ back or stand his ground in center ring . It’s really not likely Usyk wins there’s to many things going against him ,the less knowledgeable posters will pick him to win but that’s what will make it a little interesting at least ,that is will they actually give AJ credit or as usual make excuses? My guess it will be the latter bc that’s what they do on here when they are wrong .

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
            Skill wise Usyk is there but he's just too small to be in there with Joshua Wilder Fury.
            This is what I think too. Usyk has all the talent in the world but todays heavyweights are bigger faster and stronger. It would take a phenom to beat a guy 4 or 5 inches taller and 30 or 40 pounds heavier with great skill set. Wilder being the odd man out in weight and skill which he makes up for in reach speed and power.

Comment

I think AJ wins this, Usyk is just too small and AJ is the best Heavyweight he will face. Rooting for Usyk but chances are very slim. AJ will use his speed, weight and power to keep Usyk out side and will batter him. One Big Plus doe - Papachenko might have something up his sleeves.
              Last edited by MrShakeAndBake; 08-10-2021, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Joshua might be the bigger guy but has no stamina. He may get frustrated with Usyk's speed and gas out.

Comment

Originally posted by razvoni View Post
                  Greater care in proof-reading articles before putting them online would be much appreciated. The sentence "The belief by many is that Usyk is blown-up heavyweight.", to take one example, is both missing a definite article (Usyk is a blown-up heavyweight) and exhibiting a misunderstanding of the expression "blown-up X". It should say "Usyk is a blown-up cruiserweight" - at least unlesse it is quoting someone who is making the mistake.
                  If you're going to start criticising the quality of the proofreading here, you're going to be very busy.

Comment

Originally posted by MrShakeAndBake View Post
                    I think AJ wins this, Usyk is just too small and AJ is the best Heavyweight he will face. Rooting for Usyk but chances are very slim. AJ will use his speed, weight and power to keep Usyk out side and will batter him. One Big Plus doe - Papachenko might have something up his sleeves.
                    Originally posted by Beercules
                    Usyk is 6'3" or 6'4" and up to 230lbs.
                    AJ is a short 6'6" and 237lbs.

​​​​​​Usyk is taller than Ruiz, heavier than Wilder, and about the same size as Povetkin with way more stamina, speed and volume.

Yeah AJ is stronger but the size difference isn't as huge as everyone is making it out to be.

Comment

Working...
                    X