Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gilberto Ramirez: Dmitry Bivol and HIs Team Know That I'm Available

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gilberto Ramirez: Dmitry Bivol and HIs Team Know That I'm Available

Undefeated Gilberto "Zurdo" Ramirez (42-0, 28 KOs), the first Mexican boxer to capture the world super middleweight title is hungry to become a light heavyweight champion. "Zurdo" is currently rated No. 2 by the World Boxing Organization (WBO) and No. 5 by the International Boxing Federation (IBF).
    [Click Here To Read More]

Never been high on Ramirez and he's never seen anybody close to the level of fighter Bivol is. A win for either guy could possibly bring in the notoriety to propel their names to much a higher plane in boxing. This is a highly attractive matchup tho. Hopefully this happens.

Comment

Hopefully it happens next. Dont think bivol is dumb enough to wait around on carnelo
      BaguMka BaguMka likes this.

Comment

Zurdo Ramirez is so slow on his feet, Bivol outboxes Ramirez easily. If Bivol doesn’t get the Canelo fight then this fight I’m sure will be made.
        landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

They have been saving Zurdo as a future Canelo opponent for years. It's a bad matchup but I guess promoters think because he's Mexican, the Mexican boxing fans will pay for it. So I will be surprised if Zurdo fights and loses to anyone before Canelo. Bivol will probably fight another cab driver in the fall, then maybe Marcus Browne next year, then maybe he will put in a Paulie Malignaggi performance vs Canelo in 2023 like Kovalev did vs Canelo and Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by PeepeePoopooMan View Post
            Hopefully it happens next. Dont think bivol is dumb enough to wait around on carnelo
            No real reason why it shouldn't. Matchroom and GBP both work with dazn, and both fighters are saying they want it. But there's other ways of getting out of a fight. Let's see who really wants it!

Comment

Originally posted by PeepeePoopooMan View Post
              Of course Bivol will wait on Alvarez. He could be in line for a payday which would equal maybe his last three fights combined. Throw in Bivol looks in the mirror and does not believe anyone can beat him, he probably also sees it as a bigger career defining fight than a Beterbiev unification would be.

Right now, Alvarez has the keys to three divisions. There may be 7 or 8 fights waiting on his decision. I would not be shocked if Beterbiev/Smith, Ramirez next opponent, 3 fights at 164, and several names at 160 do not all get made for the fall within weeks of Canelo deciding on who he will rumble with next is finally settled on.

Comment

As well I hope this fight happens next! I want to see Ramirez fighting a top guy. Of course that Canelo's payday is very luring for Bivol.

Comment

It’s very sad that many who mention Bivol don’t even bring up that they’re upset he still hasn’t unified with Beterbiev. I guess Ramírez and Alvarez are the deflective saviors for Russian fans since Russian fans never seem to be hardcore for Russian matchups. Let’s keep it 100. Lol

Comment

Working...
                  X