Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Michael Conlan: I'm Still Looking To Fight The Winner of Fulton vs. Figueroa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Michael Conlan: I'm Still Looking To Fight The Winner of Fulton vs. Figueroa

Michael Conlan won the interim WBA featherweight title after defeating former world champion TJ Doheny in Belfast on Friday. The huge card was taking place as part of the Feile an Phobail festival at Falls Park, on the Conlan Boxing and Top Rank event.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This dude is a solid fighter, but he will not hang with the elites in either of those divisions. He's already almost 30, so might as well just throw him in with the lions and see far he gets.

Comment

No, he's not.
      As Bob's guy, he can get WBO (Fulton) title shot anytime he wants yet in his last fight he was fighting for some interim WBA crap.
      He's probably going after Mickey Mouse WBA trinket cuz he and his handlers know he's got no chance against any of the legit champs.

Comment

Conlan solid fighter but that’s a bridge to far to cross with winner of FIG vs Fulton. At best Conlan’s a B C+ fighter, definitely can get a belt with the amount available but not hanging the elites or top 10 at that.

Comment

Originally posted by Griever0730 View Post
          This dude is a solid fighter, but he will not hang with the elites in either of those divisions. He's already almost 30, so might as well just throw him in with the lions and see far he gets.
          Yes, agree, arum will be aware that he's close to his ceiling now and will look to cash him out shortly.

Thanks.

Comment

I think Figs is too rough and Fulton boxes him. I know anything can happen in Ireland and I'd give Mike a better chance vs Fulton, on a pier in Belfast. Figueroa is too big, Fulton is more stylish, Conlan could survive 12 with Fulton for a home town decision.

Comment

conlan tearing through both divisions

Comment

Big talk. 100% Conlan fights neither of them. Top Rank knows what they have. A limited fighter who cannot hang with the best but can sell out a stadium in Belfast. Bring on the line of tomato cans.

Comment

Working...
                X