Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Keyshawn Davis Wins Silver Medal, Fights Bigger Battle For Mental Health Awareness

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Keyshawn Davis Wins Silver Medal, Fights Bigger Battle For Mental Health Awareness

After the decision was read and Andy Cruz was declared Olympic gold medalist in the lightweight division, he broke into a Michael Jackson dance routine in the middle of the ring before doing the "rock-a-baby" motion popularized by NBA star Russell Westbrook. It was part celebration, part taunting of his vanquished opponent Keyshawn Davis.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'm not one to hold anyone back who has mental issues in normal life, but in boxing u get punched in the head for a job, that mixed with a severe case of depression/ anxiety is not a good mix so I believe anyone who has mental health issues and is in boxing is in the wrong profession... Also Russell Westbrook did not bring the rock a baby celebration into pop culture, that was done in 1994 at the US world cup by beteto first, u would think yanks would know that since it was held in there country but oh well

Comment

Did anyone see the fight? Were the scores legit?

Comment

Everybody seems to want to be an advocate for something these days. If you're an athlete be that. No need to be a spokesperson or try to be more than you are. It's getting a bit old and honestly unbelievable that all these athletes are using the same phrases and terminology and all jumping onboard what seems to be the hot button topic these days. People listen to narratives that something is wrong with them long enough and start to believe it
        vital1983 vital1983 likes this.

Comment

All the LDBC Haymonite kids like to make fun of Ryan Garcia… let’s see them hold that same energy doe…
          Richie_R Richie_R likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Thuglife Nelo View Post
            All the LDBC Haymonite kids like to make fun of Ryan Garcia… let’s see them hold that same energy doe…
            Actually it's pretty much everyone that likes to make fun of that pretend mental health problem ducker

Comment

Mental health awerness is the new hungry children from Africa

Comment

I wish Keyshawn the best. He had a dream and came up a little short. At least he gave it his best. Not everyone can say that.
                pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

A new excuse for losing...Mental Health. If you're not up for it, drop out and work on yourself, but don't use it as an excuse if you proceed. Ya came up short, but be proud of the silver.
                  Last edited by vital1983; 08-09-2021, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vital1983 View Post
                    A new excuse for losing...Mental Health. If you're not up for it, drop out and work on yourself, but don't use it as an excuse if you proceed. Ya came up short, but be proud of the silver.
                    I really don’t think he’s doing that.

I get why people are frustrated reading this, and in my opinion it’s just a bad article, which isn’t Keyshawn’s fault. A lot of articles tell back stories about fighters, and “mental health” is the latest hot buzzword. This article repeats it again and again and I think some people are unfortunately channeling their annoyance toward Keyshawn Davis, when really they’re tired of having that word rammed down their throat.
                    Last edited by Southpaw16; 08-09-2021, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X